The Death Thread

mtutiger

Yes, about Saget.  My wife and kids were watching the funny videos show, and ABC broke into the very ending of it when they announce the winner with this special report.  And then when the short special report was over, they returned to the show.  So, laughs laughs laughs, quick special report about a death, then return to laughs.  I guess I understand the special report attached to that show considering his relationship with it.  But at the very very very end seemed a little more appropriate.

Never found him funny. Ever. I remember him making appearances on a network news/info show and couldn't figure out why this extremely unfunny person was being promoted.

Maybe if I had seen him work blue at the beginning instead of the watered-down family funny guy, it might have changed my opinion of him but the blue stuff wasn't that funny to me anyway and seemed to be too purposeful as if it were a pendulum swinging in the other direction to be shocking.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Somebody alert @Shades of Deivi Cruz

Took me awhile to understand why you thought I needed to be alerted to this. My profile photo is more of an Arrested Development homage than a Charlie Brown one. Still, sorry to see this. We do tend to watch those specials as a family when they come around.

1 hour ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Took me awhile to understand why you thought I needed to be alerted to this. My profile photo is more of an Arrested Development homage than a Charlie Brown one. Still, sorry to see this. We do tend to watch those specials as a family when they come around.

Ahh, I see Beagle sleeping on a doghouse and I go immediately to Peanuts.

2 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Well yes, that's what the show was referencing. It was a quick sight gag with no setup or followup Peanuts reference, which is what made it so brilliant to me.

I should have said, no direct reference. There are several subtle references to Peanuts in the episode, since it was titled Good Grief. The Snoopy gag was just one of them.

https://arresteddevelopment.fandom.com/wiki/Good_Grief

• Biff Mayhem changed the title to The Death Thread
  • 2 months later...

I won't post it here because the jokes are so offensive, but look up Gilbert's George Takei roasts.  It's a bunch of old gay jokes, but he wasn't doing it to be offensive, he was just........well, you have to find it and watch it to understand.  You could tell offensive jokes without being a bigot.  Takei laughs his ass off through the whole thing. 

9 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

the former trainer of the St. Louis Cardinals, Barry Weinberg, frequented my friend's family bar whenever the A's or Cardinals were in town.  He got us tickets to Game 2 of the 2006 World Series.     One year he was telling us about Yogi Berra hanging out at Cardinals camp in Spring Training and Yogi told him that he was going to LA to shoot some commercial for Affliction, you know the commercial with that duck...........Barry figured out it was for Aflac.     Yogi comes back a few days later and Barry asks "How'd the commercial shoot go".  Yogi says "Ah, it was easy, Only had to work for a couple of hours...........you know they got three of dem ducks..........but none of 'em really talk"      Every time I heard Gilbert's voice I thought of that story.  

Mike Wolters (Drew and Mike producer) has talked about Gottfried coming into studio.  Said he was polite and quiet and always asked for more merch.  He would remain cool and calm until they went on air and he instantly transformed his voice and became the life of the party, he would shut it down just as quick.   

Sad to see, was his illness well known as well or something he kept out of public?

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

Mike Wolters (Drew and Mike producer) has talked about Gottfried coming into studio.  Said he was polite and quiet and always asked for more merch.  He would remain cool and calm until they went on air and he instantly transformed his voice and became the life of the party, he would shut it down just as quick.   

Sad to see, was his illness well known as well or something he kept out of public?

I don't think you could be Stage Gilbert all day,  he would have never made 67/