Trying to sift through the infield prospects

Brave-Tiger

Hey All, I've been trying to sift through the infield prospects to see where all these guys are going to play. Some will be kept, some will be traded, and some will flame out. Who knows what the new regime will do, but speculation is the fun part. The info below is a breakdown of each player. This is not my opinion, just info from the net. The Best fit is my opinion though.

Here are my thoughts and I'd love to hear from anyone who has seen any of these kids live or has some more info. There's a lot of talent here!

I think Graham should be taking balls in RF. Graham has that tall lanky body with big strides and a strong arm, that says RF to me.  He looks like a skinnier Christain Yelich

I think Colt Keith wil be the long term starter at 3B. He reminds me of Austin Riley who also played football and pitched in high school at MS. He should keep improving, focusing on only hitting.  Riley struggled after every promotion then adjusted like Keith has done. 

Pacheco should also see some time in RF. He has the power profile, arm, and athleticism to excel in the OF. He could also be the long term starter at 3B if Keith should falter.

Santana is going to be a stud. He'll be a long term solution at SS or 2B depending on where Baez's defense is at when he's ready. Bastidas could also be the long term SS when he's ready. He's a glove first/ improving bat SS. 

I really like Wenceel and Seretti as switch hitting UT options, although both are capable of starting at 2B.

I don't really see where Jung and Gold fit right now with little information on both outside of being polished college hitters. They both seem destined for LF/1B/DH type roles if they stay Tigers. There are more athletic options for 2B and better strong armed prospects for 3B in the mix.

Workman and Segura seem to be the most likely traded, mainly due to their lack of plate discipline and high K rates. Workman is a wild card though, he could turn in to something valuable or be a total flop. Segura is more just a numnbers thing. He'll probably mature into a 3B where we seem stocked. 

Lipcius is more of a place holder til Perez/Seretti is up and Cruz is very meh. A 24 year old glove only SS could be found anywhere. 

Age Main P 2nd P Speed Arm Glove ETA Known for Needs improvement Best fit Best 2nd P
W. Perez (S) 22 2B 3B 60 55 50 23 Speed, athleticism, and versatility Power is improving 2B SS
A. Lipcius 24 3B 2B 40 50 45 23 baseball IQ, good OBP Defense, overall lack of athleticism 2B 3B
D. Serretti (S) 22 SS 2B 50 45 55 23-24 baseball IQ, glove work, pure grit Power and hit tool 2B SS
Trei Cruz (S) 24 SS 2B 45 50 50 23-24 Bloodline, baseball IQ, glove work Power, hit tool, and pitch recognition 2B SS
P. Graham 21 SS 3B 60 60 50 24-25 Arm, speed, and versatility Patient at the plate. Power will come RF 3B
Jace Jung (L) 21 2B 3B 40 45 45 24-25 Polished bat Defense, overall lack of athleticism LF 2B
Luke Gold 21 2B 3B 45 50 45 24-25 Polished bat Power and defense 3B LF
C.Keith (L) 21 3B 2B 45 60 45 24-25 Arm, approach, and OBP Power and defense 3B RF
G.Workman (S) 22 SS 3B 50 55 55 24-25 Raw power, arm, athleticism Plate discipline, pitch recognition, K's 3B SS
A.Bastidas (S) 18 SS 3B 50 50 55 25-26 Glove work and athleticism Power and hit tool SS 3B
I.Pacheco 19 3B SS 45 60 45 25-26 Arm and raw power Natural maturity as a hitter 3B RF
C.Santana 19 SS 2B 55 50 50 25-26 Bat speed, approach, athleticism Natural maturity as a hitter 2B SS
M. Segura 19 SS 3B 45 50 50 25-26 Bat speed and Power Plate discipline, pull happy, Too many K's 2B SS
Edited by Brave-Tiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brave-Tiger said:

Hey All, I've been trying to sift through the infield prospects to see where all these guys are going to play. Some will be kept, some will be traded, and some will flame out. Who knows what the new regime will do, but speculation is the fun part. The info below is a breakdown of each player. This is not my opinion, just info from the net. The Best fit is my opinion though.

Here are my thoughts and I'd love to hear from anyone who has seen any of these kids live or has some more info. There's a lot of talent here!

I think Graham should be taking balls in RF. Graham has that tall lanky body with big strides and a strong arm, that says RF to me.  He looks like a skinnier Christain Yelich

I think Colt Keith wil be the long term starter at 3B. He reminds me of Austin Riley who also played football and pitched in high school at MS. He should keep improving, focusing on only hitting.  Riley struggled after every promotion then adjusted like Keith has done. 

Pacheco should also see some time in RF. He has the power profile, arm, and athleticism to excel in the OF. He could also be the long term starter at 3B if Keith should falter.

Santana is going to be a stud. He'll be a long term solution at SS or 2B depending on where Baez's defense is at when he's ready. Bastidas could also be the long term SS when he's ready. He's a glove first/ improving bat SS. 

I really like Wenceel and Seretti as switch hitting UT options, although both are capable of starting at 2B.

I don't really see where Jung and Gold fit right now with little information on both outside of being polished college hitters. They both seem destined for LF/1B/DH type roles if they stay Tigers. There are more athletic options for 2B and better strong armed prospects for 3B in the mix.

Workman and Segura seem to be the most likely traded, mainly due to their lack of plate discipline and high K rates. Workman is a wild card though, he could turn in to something valuable or be a total flop. Segura is more just a numnbers thing. He'll probably mature into a 3B where we seem stocked. 

Lipcius is more of a place holder til Perez/Seretti is up and Cruz is very meh. A 24 year old glove only SS could be found anywhere. 

Age Main P 2nd P Speed Arm Glove ETA Known for Needs improvement Best fit Best 2nd P
W. Perez (S) 22 2B 3B 60 55 50 23 Speed, athleticism, and versatility Power is improving 2B SS
A. Lipcius 24 3B 2B 40 50 45 23 baseball IQ, good OBP Defense, overall lack of athleticism 2B 3B
D. Serretti (S) 22 SS 2B 50 45 55 23-24 baseball IQ, glove work, pure grit Power and hit tool 2B SS
Trei Cruz (S) 24 SS 2B 45 50 50 23-24 Bloodline, baseball IQ, glove work Power, hit tool, and pitch recognition 2B SS
P. Graham 21 SS 3B 60 60 50 24-25 Arm, speed, and versatility Patient at the plate. Power will come RF 3B
Jace Jung (L) 21 2B 3B 40 45 45 24-25 Polished bat Defense, overall lack of athleticism LF 2B
Luke Gold 21 2B 3B 45 50 45 24-25 Polished bat Power and defense 3B LF
C.Keith (L) 21 3B 2B 45 60 45 24-25 Arm, approach, and OBP Power and defense 3B RF
G.Workman (S) 22 SS 3B 50 55 55 24-25 Raw power, arm, athleticism Plate discipline, pitch recognition, K's 3B SS
A.Bastidas (S) 18 SS 3B 50 50 55 25-26 Glove work and athleticism Power and hit tool SS 3B
I.Pacheco 19 3B SS 45 60 45 25-26 Arm and raw power Natural maturity as a hitter 3B RF
C.Santana 19 SS 2B 55 50 50 25-26 Bat speed, approach, athleticism Natural maturity as a hitter 2B SS
M. Segura 19 SS 3B 45 50 50 25-26 Bat speed and Power Plate discipline, pull happy, Too many K's 2B SS

Graham is more likely to stick in the middle infield than anyone else on this list, and he is a good fit at ss.