Lions Book Recommendations

RedRamage

Thought this might be an interesting topic.  I came across this book recent:

Dutch Clark: The Life of an NFL Legend and the Birth of the Detroit Lions

I borrowed it from my local library as something to read during some downtime during Xmas Break.  Haven't started reading it yet but glanced through it and man... it's a thick book with very small print.  My old eyes might have a hard time reading it.  (I wish I could find an electronic version that I can increase the font size, but my local library doesn't have an electronic version to borrow and the price for the Kindle version is $60+, yikes!)  Any, I'm curious if anyone has read this book and if so what you thoughts were.

Expanding this idea to a bit broader scope: Do you have any other Lions related books that you've read and would recommend?  

Here's two from me:

Paper Lion - If you're not familiar with this story it's about a sport journalist who went "under cover" (Team officials knew about it, players didn't... after first) as a rookie QB with the Lions for training camp in the mid '60s.  It's a pretty good read with some nice inside looks at what training camp in the NFL was like back then.  He made some friends with some of the players and even wrote a sort of follow up book called Mad Ducks and Bears with Alex Karras and John Gordy.

Detroit: City of Champions - This one isn't just about the Lions but covers the 35-36 sports season when Detroit was king of the sports world: Joe Louis was coming on the scene and the Tigers, Lions, and RedWings all won their first championships. There's two follow up books that go in depth into all the players from all the teams as well.

• Like 1