03/15/2022 07:30 EST Detroit Pistons @ Miami Heat

casimir

In case anyone has missed it:

PISTONS BROADCASTER GEORGE BLAHA TO MISS REMAINDER OF NBA SEASON DUE TO MEDICAL PROCEDURE

DETROIT – The Detroit Pistons released today that legendary play-by-play announcer George Blaha will miss the remainder of the 2021-22 NBA season due to a heart bypass procedure slated to take place on Tuesday, March 15.  Doctors diagnosed the need for the procedure during a routine check-up completed earlier this week and anticipate a full recovery.  George is resting comfortably at the direction of doctors and the team will update his status later this week.  

“I am disappointed to miss the remainder of the season, but my health is the number one priority right now and I have a great team of doctors guiding my short-term and long-term health,” said Blaha.  “I’m grateful that they caught my issue early and they expect a full recovery.  I look forward to getting back to full speed with rest and rehabilitation during the offseason and returning next year for my 47th season calling games for the Pistons.”

George doing his part for the tank.

All kidding aside, here's hoping for a full recovery.

Nearly took this game even with Cade out. This is definitely a different team since the All Star break. Some wins and some close, competitive losses.

Livers has been a nice surprise. Just plays the right way on both sides of the ball and has been knocking down his open shots. Looks like a solid bench rotation player. If he keeps this up, then he was a great find at the 42nd pick.

On the down side, Bey has been struggling again for the past 5 games.

Hopefully they keep Cade out for Orlando, but even so I think we're a better team than the Magic right now, so it's going to be hard to lose.

Time to start benching some vets? CoJo, Grant, Kelly. Maybe give Saben and Garza some run for the last dozen games.