2023 Panthers Game Days Thread

RedRamage

Just now, buddha said:

how was the crowd?

Pretty slim... They had the upper deck closed of course as well as the endzone sections.  Even then I'd say maybe 1/3rd... 2/5ths of the lower bowl full?  You can kind of see in my picture the stands on the opposite side. That's pretty much how it was in the whole lower bowl.

That said the crowd definitely seemed into the game once the Panthers started putting up some points. Some good cheering and people paying attention.

One odd thing... if you've watched any of the games on TV you see that they show Mike Pereira on TV when they're reviewing calls so you hear him while discussing with the on field refs. What I didn't know is they also play that on the scoreboard during the game and they pipe in Mike over the PA system so you hear and see it in the stadium.  I kinda liked that.

2 hours ago, jz68 said:

I was considering going down for the game but decided to just sit home and watch it.   Would be fun to see them win and make the championship game.   

One super nice thing: The row my son and I were in was mostly empty, so he sat in seat 1 and I sat in seat 3 and we both and plenty of space to spread out a bit. That's one thing I hate about going to games is being packed in tight on both sides. Here it was no problem.

Honestly with how bad their OL especially is and how many stupid penalties they've committed all season long but reaching the playoffs was more than they could have hoped for.  Still a bummer... Lions still have the last playoff victory for Detroit football.

12 hours ago, buddha said:

so.  many.  penalties.

Yeah, it was a touch watch... those many penalties really screwed up the rhythm of the game. The Panthers are quite undisciplined as well. Part of that might just be non-NFL caliber players, but they shoot themselves in the foot soooo many times I starting calling them the SOLs in my head.

Again, the Panthers are by no means a good team (like, even a USFL good team) so I wasn't expecting much, but still a bummer to see them lose. I predict whoever win the south today will easily take the championship next week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, RedRamage said:

I predict whoever win the south today will easily take the championship next week.

Not that it was a bold prediction or anything, but just because those times when I get to say I was right are pretty slim... I was right

image.png.cbb567ac50468e7d755a8b3388500c52.png

I didn't watch the game so I know now how it looked on the field, but it seems like the Stallions defense was pretty stout. Kept them to just 4 FGs.