2/4/24 3PM EST Orlando Magic @ Zollner Pistons

Barnes is playing well and much better than advertised.  But he also had the benefit of playing behind OG and Siakam.  Since those trades Barnes shooting has fallen off a cliff.  He shot 27% from three in January.  Maybe a slump but it has to hurt now he is the main focus of opposing defense just like Cade is.

In what is basically his second year, Cade is scoring 22.4 PPG, 7.5 APG, 4 RPG and shooting 34% from three while getting to the line at an improved rate.  TO's are down under 4 at 3.7 but has shown great improvement as the season has gone on with TO's, only averaging 2.9 in December.  All this while basically facing a constant double team.

He certainly has things to work on.  Defense needs to improve quite a bit, but again, he was above average as a rookie.  So I wonder if this is a coaching thing.  Love to see the 3PT% north of 36%.  Keeping cutting the TO's down.  Be more assertive especially in crunch time.  I would love to see him get out and run more, especially since Ivey, Duren, and Thompson are all athletic and run well for their positions.

I think he is on pace for basically a second year guy.  He takes a lot of crap because the team doesnt win.  But so did SGA.

• Like 1