11/13/2021 07:30 EDT Detroit Pistons @ Toronto Raptors

casimir

Getting worked over by Casey isn’t helping much either. This is half bad shooting and half terrible coaching. Gotta fix one or both soon. 

Also, Saben with:

42, 8, and 8

33, 9, and 2

and 40, 9, and 5

on 50% 3pt shooting over his 3 G league games. Do we really need to see Corey Joseph? 

52 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Getting worked over by Casey isn’t helping much either. This is half bad shooting and half terrible coaching. Gotta fix one or both soon. 

Also, Saben with:

42, 8, and 8

33, 9, and 2

and 40, 9, and 5

on 50% 3pt shooting over his 3 G league games. Do we really need to see Corey Joseph? 

sekou lit up the g league too.  the g league is terrible.

but the answer to your question is "no", WE dont need corey joseph, but apparently troy weaver thinks he's good.

11 hours ago, buddha said:

good win.  on the road on a back to back after getting embarrassed the night before.

Yeah, fun to watch.  Pretty impressive considering this was the 2nd of a back-to-back and they awful the night before.

But I do not want to see Joseph in there at the end of the game.

Killian has been improving all season. You probably don't see it if you just watch the box scores, but he's giving me a little hope. His defense was already solid and continues to impress me more and more. He's also shooting a team high 43.3% from three this year (yes, you read that right). He's a solid passer and he'll get you a few rebounds from the guard spot as well.

And let's not forget that he hasn't played even half a season of NBA ball yet in his career. I have no idea what this kid will become, but if he can continue to improve in this way, then I see no reason he can't be a solid backcourt compliment to Cade.

A number of guys found themselves again in this game, which was good to see. Bey found his 3pt shot and had an all-around solid game. Beef Stew was killing it inside by getting open after guard penetration.

Josh Jackson gives me Sheed flashbacks in a way. One second he's making you cheer with an awesome block and two second later he's making you pull out your hair with a careless turnover at the absolute worst time.

Oh, and since it's been a day or two since I've said it: CoJo needs to sit on the bench and be a locker room guy. Play Saben or stagger the minutes better with Cade and Killian by taking one out early and then subbing him for the other one (stop playing two groups of five, Casey!). Either way, I don't need to see CoJo pounding the air out of the ball. I'd rather watch someone who has a chance to develop than watch someone who's terrible and has no chance to develop into anything other than what he is.

We can say that the G League is garbage, but Jalen Green got drafted second overall by averaging 18ppg in the G League. How many is Saben averaging again? Oh yeah, 38ppg. And even if you want to say that it doesn't matter, the 51% from 3pt range on 9 attempts per game absolutely does matter. Bring him up and play him. Sit CoJo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Killian has been improving all season. You probably don't see it if you just watch the box scores, but he's giving me a little hope. His defense was already solid and continues to impress me more and more. He's also shooting a team high 43.3% from three this year (yes, you read that right). He's a solid passer and he'll get you a few rebounds from the guard spot as well.

And let's not forget that he hasn't played even half a season of NBA ball yet in his career. I have no idea what this kid will become, but if he can continue to improve in this way, then I see no reason he can't be a solid backcourt compliment to Cade.

I know there has been an assumption from some that Cunningham and Hayes cannot coexist in the same backcourt.  I want to see what plays out.  And to your point that Hayes hasn't played a half season yet, we're a month into this season and Cunningham is just kind getting the feel of the game due to the time he lost.  I'm for patience on the backcourt development.

• Like 1