NBA Info - May 2024

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I get there are only a few NBA coaching jobs.  But man, that one is not attractive at all.  I guess one upside is Spo wont make him look like an idiot until the finals.

people will do a lot of things for ~$10 million per year.

26 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

That's funny, because I'd rather trade Garland. Neither can play defense, but at least Mitchell can put the team on his back for a win or two. I guess nobody would want Garland's contract and that makes Mitchell easier to move with just one year (and a player option) left on his deal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Things changed fast in 12 hours.

These days it just seems like every "report" is linked back to some other article (referred to as a "source") where someone  else is just speculating on possibilities.

Interesting new rule in the WNBA.  The reset timeout.

You get one per half and then another if it goes to OT.  You call timeout in a normal way, but then immediately make an X across your chest.  You can advance the ball and substitute, but you can not huddle.  If either team huddles or prevents the ball from immediately being put back into play they will receive a delay of game penalty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Interesting new rule in the WNBA.  The reset timeout.

You get one per half and then another if it goes to OT.  You call timeout in a normal way, but then immediately make an X across your chest.  You can advance the ball and substitute, but you can not huddle.  If either team huddles or prevents the ball from immediately being put back into play they will receive a delay of game penalty.

If it can speed up the end of games in the NBA, I'd be for it. But why would the NBA do it? There's less ad venue if you have less commercial timeouts.

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

If it can speed up the end of games in the NBA, I'd be for it. But why would the NBA do it? There's less ad venue if you have less commercial timeouts.

If you change the rule to 3 players need to stand right next to each other and do the X thing, maybe they can get OnlyFans to sponsor this reset timeout?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Still blows me away he went third.  His pre-draft resume was better than anyone in the lottery era by miles.

how's that trae young trade looking now?

the only thing i hate about luka is that he's such a whiner.  it gets annoying.  reminds me of tim duncan crying about every call.