1/8 Red Wings @ LA Kings, 10:30PM

1984Echoes

raymond is starting to slow down.  teams are targeting him and really going after him physically.

welcome to the league, kid.

seider seems to be the same.  still making the occasional mistake but pretty obviously their best defenseman and one of their best players.  he seems to always be on the ice, pp, pk, against the other team's best players.  the fact that he's doing well and not just holding his own says a lot about him.

16 hours ago, buddha said:

its good to see you come back to reality.  😉

???

On the Red Wings side I think I've always been sitting in the Reality Room...

At least I don't remember touting them as Championship Ready or anything like that...

IIRC... I keep saying that they need more talent, better defenseman, better puck control, more offense, more young players coming up, etc... I don't think I've said anything yet that they're ready for a playoff run just yet. They still need an effective 2nd line, which they don't have. And I think I've said that a few times this year... Haven't even spoken of getting an effective 3rd line because they don't even have an effective 2nd one yet...

And they need to stop hanging Ned out to dry... which goes back to better defenseman, puck control, more young kids... etc.

I think they are getting better, and should be able to challenge for the playoffs next year but... yeah, they ain't ready for prime time just yet...