02/06/2022 03:30 EST Detroit Pistons @ Minnesota Timberwolves

casimir

Killian went from looking lost in the 1st half to having his best quarter as a pro in the 4th. I saw some things from him offensively that I've never seen before - things that could be considered "flashes" of what he could be with some impressive driving finishes at the basket and even a dunk in traffic.

Grant is not helping his trade value. He's not looking like someone who will command a 1st and a young player in return. I'm increasingly concerned about his desire to be a top option on a team. It's hurting his trade value, especially when teams are seeing him perform like he did yesterday with drives that end in turnovers or bad shots and, of course, his patented long range two pointers. I hope we trade him before he demands an extension, but either way he needs some self awareness.

Kelly continues to look bad. That signing - and what it cost us to get rid of Plumlee to make it happen - continue to look like a bad move from Weaver. We could really have used Plumlee's size, rebounding, and pick and roll threat this year and we wouldn't have had to give up any assets to get it.

Bey with another nice game, playing a key role in a close loss.

Also, I hate Patrick Beverly.

13 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

... Kelly continues to look bad. That signing - and what it cost us to get rid of Plumlee to make it happen ... We could really have used Plumlee's size, rebounding, and pick and roll threat this year and we wouldn't have had to give up any assets to get it...

They were probably hunting an outside shooting big which is what you get from Olynyk and nothing on that end from Plumlee...

I'm not justifying the cost of that or anything... I'm just sayin'...

And while I do agree on the need for what Plumlee provides... he's not been any great shakes this year either. One placeholder/ part-time contributor with limited skills is not really all that different from the other...

I think the real solution is getting someone like Myles Turner from the Pacers (by hook or by crook): a real rim-protector/ rebounder/ rim-runner/ and still has some semblance of an outside game that can make both the starters and bench more dynamic by pushing Stew to the bench. We probably have 0 chance of getting him but I've wanted this dude on our roster so badly from even before his draft.

I'm not sold on Myles Turner at all. He's not a rim-runner, nor is he a great rebounder. He loves those low percentage threes (well below league average shooting). On top of all that, I don't like the lower body injury history on a guy that size.

I agree that he's a very good rim protector and defender though.

His contract is also in the same spot as Grant's, which means he'll be looking for a big extension or payday coming up soon and I really don't like the idea of tying up all that money in a Center in today's NBA. Especially one with the issues I've listed above and when we're so far from competing for a top playoff spot.

Edited by Betrayer