Georgia & Michigan are the major players in the Democratic Primary cycle now?

Motor City Sonics

Proposed 2024 Democratic primary schedule. 

Feb 3 - South Carolina

Feb 6 - Nevada/New Hampshire

Feb  13 - Georgia

Feb 27 - Michigan

No more caucuses for the Democrats (too time-consuming).   Iowa & New Hampshire taken out of the lead.  Two states with the lowest diversity in the country and no major cities.     South Carolina has far more Black voters,   Nevada is a shifting to Blue state, Georgia has a huge city and by the 4th week, Michigan will be the make-or-break state for several candidates.    If you haven't finished in the Top 3  by Michigan, you're done.   Imagine all the Democrats kissing our asses in the future.  

I love this, though I wanted Colorado & Pennsylvania early.  

Democratic voters are city & suburb & diverse and we simply weren't getting that with IA and NH and I think that is why, quite often, the most milquetoast of candidates survived - the kind of candidates who don't really inspire much.    If it was this order in 2016, Bernie Sanders probably wins the Democratic nomination and produces a much higher Democratic turnout.   

32 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Proposed 2024 Democratic primary schedule. 

Feb 3 - South Carolina

Feb 6 - Nevada/New Hampshire

Feb  13 - Georgia

Feb 27 - Michigan

No more caucuses for the Democrats (too time-consuming).   Iowa & New Hampshire taken out of the lead.  Two states with the lowest diversity in the country and no major cities.     South Carolina has far more Black voters,   Nevada is a shifting to Blue state, Georgia has a huge city and by the 4th week, Michigan will be the make-or-break state for several candidates.    If you haven't finished in the Top 3  by Michigan, you're done.   Imagine all the Democrats kissing our asses in the future.  

I love this, though I wanted Colorado & Pennsylvania early.  

Democratic voters are city & suburb & diverse and we simply weren't getting that with IA and NH and I think that is why, quite often, the most milquetoast of candidates survived - the kind of candidates who don't really inspire much.    If it was this order in 2016, Bernie Sanders probably wins the Democratic nomination and produces a much higher Democratic turnout.   

yeah - this was a long time coming - the Dems had\ve been fools for letting states they weren't going to carry nominate their candidate. This is also Biden's work. The man knows a thing or two about how to do politics correctly. This is the kind of change Obama could have gotten if he had had a better sense of party building.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - this was a long time coming - the Dems had\ve been fools for letting states they weren't going to carry nominate their candidate. This is also Biden's work. The man knows a thing or two about how to do politics correctly. This is the kind of change Obama could have gotten if he had had a better sense of party building.

I didn't understand this loyalty to Iowa & New Hampshire...........long after Democrats stopped being the party for farmers.  It made no sense at all.     I think they didn't want to piss off those 2 states.   Grow up.