What happened to MotownSports.com?

AlaskanTigersFan

Question

4 answers to this question

Long story short...  I sold MotownSports.com in June of 2020.  After over a year of new ownership, the current owner appears to have closed the site and redirected it elsewhere.

Their lack of attention to recent issues with the forums may have been the final nail in the coffin for the site...  As many know, the site was not working correctly for nearly a month and during that time many people moved on.  With limited traffic to the site once the forums issues were resolved last week, I guess the decision to pull the plug on the website was an easy one.

Glad you found many of the users now posting here.  If you know of any other lost members, please direct them here.

3 hours ago, MotownWebGuy said:

Long story short...  I sold MotownSports.com in June of 2020.  After over a year of new ownership, the current owner appears to have closed the site and redirected it elsewhere.

Their lack of attention to recent issues with the forums may have been the final nail in the coffin for the site...  As many know, the site was not working correctly for nearly a month and during that time many people moved on.  With limited traffic to the site once the forums issues were resolved last week, I guess the decision to pull the plug on the website was an easy one.

Glad you found many of the users now posting here.  If you know of any other lost members, please direct them here.

Sounds good. I hope you made out like a bandit. I will miss Motownsports very much. It was amazing to go to one site to catch the latest news on all the Michigan sports w/o having to go to each individual place...... Sad and glad you sold it. Great site. I appreciate it very much, you keeping the forums up and running here! 

• Like 1