2024 NBA Draft Prelude

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Can Sheppard play PG? I think I like him better there with his small size. 

Not as your primary PG, but he can be the secondary handler and also be the lead guard when your main guy goes to the bench. At least, that's what I'm hearing/reading from the scouting reports.

Of course, he'd have to guard the other team's PG on the other end due to his (lack of) size.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Not as your primary PG, but he can be the secondary handler and also be the lead guard when your main guy goes to the bench. At least, that's what I'm hearing/reading from the scouting reports.

Of course, he'd have to guard the other team's PG on the other end due to his (lack of) size.

That's kind of how I would look at it.  Essentially the backcourt and wing minutes go to Cunningham, Thompson, Sheppard, Ivey, Sasser.  Stagger it somehow so that two of Cunningham, Sheppard, and Sasser are on the court at all times to run the offense and have some kind of outside shot available?  I don't know, maybe that backcourt 3 grouping is too short.  But I wouldn't pass on Sheppard because of height if he's available at 5.  They can move Ivey or Sasser if need be.

i see sasser and sheppherd as bench guys.  shooters with significant defensive frailities and a lack of height (sasser) and defensive athletic ability (sheppherd) to be starters.

pistons should be looking at "who fits with cade".  that's all they should care about.  if that's sheppherd because of his shooting then so be it.

i like devin carter a lot but worry about his shooting.

Posted (edited)

That Dalton Knecht guy looks decent.  Shooter with athleticism who can finish at the rim a bit.  The knocks against him are he is bad on defense and he is old.  He just turned 23, which is a year older than Cade.  

I just want to be able to post this after he has a good game.

Edited by Deleterious
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Only 39.4% from three in college.  His best year was 44%.

Not nearly as good as I thought.  

i'm not taking a dude at 5 who is that small and that unathletic.  yeah, he jumps high at the combine, but he cant move side to side.  he wont be able to stay in front of nba guards.

i dont see it.  he's tj mcconnell.  he's marcus sasser.  he's not a top 5 pick.  please give me taller.  please give me the ability to drive and score.  or please give me defense.

you see what i did there?  i just guaranteed he's the next mark price.  youre welcome reed.