Feed Page possible?

AlaskanTigersFan

Question

6 answers to this question

11 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

This is exactly what I was talking about! Where we could see the links all together on the same page. If we could re-do this, I'd definitely upvote that.

The individual team websites I created are the replacement for the news feeds that used to be part of the MotownSports website.  I don't intend to make them a part of MotownForums.com, as this website will just contain the forum software.  Please visit the other sites as I'm sure you will find them much better than what was previously available on the old website.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure I fully understand your question...  It is a likely possibility that anything that was enabled on the previous site would be an option here since this is the same software, although a few versions ahead now.  Are you talking about the RSS feeds you can access for each forum, such as this for the Tigers forum:

https://www.motownforums.com/forum/3-detroit-tigers.xml/?member=1&key=244d43054b54f56362c77956ff957f07

If you are talking about something else, I guess I need a little more detail to better understand what I might have setup previously and have now forgotten.  It happens with old age... 🙂

I'm going to hazard a guess and say he's talking about how when you went to motownsports.com there was a page with articles from the four teams. You then had to click visit forums to continue to the forums. I did a Google image search and found what I think he is talking about. Looks like we still have them but the pages are under each team now in the forum.

1d5130e12f9cc9c71d6cfba903819713d296e7f0

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm going to hazard a guess and say he's talking about how when you went to motownsports.com there was a page with articles from the four teams. You then had to click visit forums to continue to the forums. I did a Google image search and found what I think he is talking about. Looks like we still have them but the pages are under each team now in the forum.

This site (MotownForums.com) is nothing more than message forum software.  If you desire to read stories specific to each of the four Detroit professional teams, I have built separate websites for each team that are much better than the setup we had within the website portion of the old MotownSports website. All four sites pull in news feeds from throughout the internet specific to each team and are a great resource for finding team related news/stories.

I have links to them throughout this forum, either in the side bar on the main forum page or through the links on the top of each individual team forum.  You can also find the links under the heading "Motown Sports Network" in the main header on the forum.

Each site was built for a specific audience and links back to this forum.  It is my hope that these sites will help push new people to these forums and allow us to continue to grow.

Or as seen below:

MotownLions.com
MotownPistons.com
MotownRedWings.com
MotownTigers.com

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 6:34 PM, Motown Bombers said:

This is exactly what I was talking about! Where we could see the links all together on the same page. If we could re-do this, I'd definitely upvote that.

Now also knowing about those Motown links for each team, I'll be sure to check that out. But the splash page that Motown Bombers posted was exactly what I meant where it pulled feeds from all over. Was very convenient to scan all sports on one page very quickly and choose which article to read.

Thanks MotownBomber for finding that. And thanks MotownWebGuy for all you do. This is an amazing site for sure!

Edited by AlaskanTigersFan