2024 Draft

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

Drafting Cole Eiserman opens up a lot of joke potential (if it is pronounced like Yzerman), I'm in.

We already have a Lindstrom on the team too. Last time we had both a Lindstrom and an Eiserman on the roster I'd reckon to say we were pretty good.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, buddha said:

barring big injuries like last year they'll be in the 10-14 range, imo.

You're dreaming. We gonna suck next year. But I have a feeling thats it after that. We'll be sellers at the deadline and call up a lot of prospects next year I'm thinkin. Then when free agency starts, we gonna sign some good boys to go with the young core. Hopefully we'll be trading our first and second rounders to suppliment all that.  We will have a nice team after next year I'm guessing.

7 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

You're dreaming. We gonna suck next year. But I have a feeling thats it after that. We'll be sellers at the deadline and call up a lot of prospects next year I'm thinkin. Then when free agency starts, we gonna sign some good boys to go with the young core. Hopefully we'll be trading our first and second rounders to suppliment all that.  We will have a nice team after next year I'm guessing.

we picked 9th this year.  predicting were going to pick 10th to 14th is not saying were going to be good.

i actually think they'll be ok next year with predictable growth from the young players and the depth they've bought this summer.

if they get a debrincat they might actually finish 6th in the division next season...

it's two years from now, when seider and raymond should just be entering the beginning of their primes, that they should be competing for a playoff spot.  then the question will be how we get rid of chairot and holl's contracts...

• Like 1

I think the Wings will be much improved next season.  Adding Compher, Kostin, Sprong and Fischer while losing Zadina, Erne, Suter and guys like Chiasson/Czarnik/Sundqvist who were there part time is a big net win in my eyes.  Replacing Oesterle and Hagg with Holl and Gostisbehere is another improvement overall in my eyes, even with them not being perfect players.  I have to imagine the corpse of Remier and Lyon can stitch together something similar or better to last season's backup goaltending, hopefully while giving Husso more breaks.  Most of the roster will have played in Lalonde's system for a year and feel more familiar.  Compher adds depth and PKing.  Kostin is big and had the second most fights last season I think.  He looked good last playoffs too i thought. Sprong is great depth scoring, will hopefully help the power play.  Fischer is hard to play against, hopefully will help in situations like against Ottawa last season where the Wings got pushed around.  I can see what Yzerman is going for, and I think the Wings will definitely be a threat for the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

I think the Wings will be much improved next season.  Adding Compher, Kostin, Sprong and Fischer while losing Zadina, Erne, Suter and guys like Chiasson/Czarnik/Sundqvist who were there part time is a big net win in my eyes.  Replacing Oesterle and Hagg with Holl and Gostisbehere is another improvement overall in my eyes, even with them not being perfect players.  I have to imagine the corpse of Remier and Lyon can stitch together something similar or better to last season's backup goaltending, hopefully while giving Husso more breaks.  Most of the roster will have played in Lalonde's system for a year and feel more familiar.  Compher adds depth and PKing.  Kostin is big and had the second most fights last season I think.  He looked good last playoffs too i thought. Sprong is great depth scoring, will hopefully help the power play.  Fischer is hard to play against, hopefully will help in situations like against Ottawa last season where the Wings got pushed around.  I can see what Yzerman is going for, and I think the Wings will definitely be a threat for the playoffs.

i agree with this.  they are getting closer to a team that can run four lines.  their "problem" remains what we all know: no top goal scorers.  they still need 2 or maybe even 3 debrincats to come along.  hopefully raymond takes a leap this year.

as of now i dont think theyre a playoff team because the east is stacked.  pittsburgh, boston, tampa, and maybe the rangers are major regression candidates in the next two years.  but thinking they'll fall apart next season might be wishful thinking.

i see the wings falling short next season, even if they do get debrincat UNLESS they get major leaps internally.  i think those leaps are coming, but not next season.

im an yzerman slappy, but i think the franchise is well positioned for the first time in a decade.  i hope they dont have to give up boston's pick next year for debrincat, but even if they do, they now have meaningful prospects who are showing real promise.

again, im a slappy.  but im not too depressed about the wings like some people seem to be.