07/14/2023 10:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Seattle Mariners

casimir

31 minutes ago, casimir said:

Who is the backup 1Bdude when Torkleson is at DH?  

That's a good question. Vierling? Or maybe Jake, but Vierling would have better reach. Plus you get the impression McKinstry can field any position at least adequately but again - no reach.

And I'm sure a big reason they give Torkelson so few days off is that Javy is really terrible throwing to 1st. Seeing the way he throws, you realize that if he hadn't  had Rizzo at 1st on the Cubs he probably couldn't have stayed in the majors at SS. And now he has lucked into Tork to save his bacon.

Edited by gehringer_2

9 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder if Foley would have been back out to start the 9th if he hadn't been tossed. I'd love to believe he would have.

And to add to this, maybe Cisnero could have been used for more than a Mike Bibby handful of pitches?

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

That's a good question. Vierling? Or maybe Jake, but Vierling would have better reach. Plus you get the impression McKinstry can field any position at least adequately but again - no reach.

“Ok boys, this is should be pretty easy, we’ll go through this one at a time taking turns.  Javy, take this bucket of balls with you out to SS and let’s see how this goes.”

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, casimir said:

Old English M?  Just don’t go over the top with different colors or pinstripes or skylines or stuff like that.  The Tiger jerseys have been historically subtle.  A simple change that way would be enough.  Maybe a navy blue jersey top with a left side chest old English M is enough.

That’s not the intent of the City Connect.  It’s to leverage an aspect of the community that the team plays in.  I’m OK with them embracing this, but agree that I hope it’s tasteful and well executed.  Of course, that’s subjective.  Appealing to a younger audience probably makes sense.

Pistons did a nice job with this.

79676CD6-DEFA-49E0-8C45-1F488D43B88D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

That’s not the intent of the City Connect.  It’s to leverage an aspect of the community that the team plays in.  I’m OK with them embracing this, but agree that I hope it’s tasteful and well executed.  Of course, that’s subjective.  Appealing to a younger audience probably makes sense.

Pistons did a nice job with this.

79676CD6-DEFA-49E0-8C45-1F488D43B88D.jpeg

You are probably right with the appeal to the children.

I shall now quoth my grandfather in law (who sired off 15):  God damned kids.