Need help getting app (program?) off desktop (on pc)

alex

Hello, This app/icon recently showed up on my desk top, it was after visiting a couple sites to talk about the Tigers and logging into Playstation. Just before Superbowl wk end. I do not do any betting nor even sought to.

I have tried to get rid of it by deleting it R click (see what happens below in image nos 1-3) even hit L click (no 4).

I tried to go into my Settings and then 'Add or Remove Programs' - but the file is not there or obvious to me.

In laymen's terms what might be the next step to try to remove it? Any help greatly appreciated...

bet image cannot rid III.jpg

bet image cannot rid IV.jpg

Edited by alex

• alex changed the title to Need help getting app (program?) off desktop (on pc)
4 minutes ago, alex said:

Hello, This app/icon recently showed up on my desk top, it was after visiting a couple sites to talk about the Tigers and logging into Playstation. Just before Superbowl wk end. I do not do any betting nor even sought to.

I have tried to get rid of it by deleting it R click (see what happens below in image nos 1-3) even hit L click (no 4).

I tried to go into my Settings and then 'Add or Remove Programs' - but the file is not there or obvious to me.

In laymen's terms what might be the next step to try to remove it? Any help greatly appreciated...

bet image cannot rid III.jpg

bet image cannot rid IV.jpg

You could try clicking on the security tab, then 'Edit', pick your user from the list and then in the bottom dialog give yourself 'full control' and click apply, then see if you can delete it.

27 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

You could try clicking on the security tab, then 'Edit', pick your user from the list and then in the bottom dialog give yourself 'full control' and click apply, then see if you can delete it.

Thank you for answering. I tried clicking on the 'security' tab. Then hit 'edit' below the first box (image 1). Then next box (image 2) it would NOT allow me to choose anything. Then I 'x' out and choose 'advanced' below the second box and this appearedย  (image 3)... Not sure here...

ย 

bet image cannot rid VI.jpg

Edited by alex

Could try this

I had the same issue, couldn't rename it, couldn't delete it, couldn't move it. Ugh!

Looked and searched and finally found an easy solution: download 7zip and use the easy utility to rename the file: like 37.txt and then, easy-peasy, is able to delete like any other file.

I appears that the issue is the filename had a colon in it, and somehow, windows, safe mode, chkdsk and every other solution offered couldn't deal but 7Zip did.

It almost makes me angry that the solution was so easy yet took me so long to find. Also, why the F couldn't windows have a solution? I guess they are too busy programming how and how not to use the taskbar...

ย 

Curiously, I actually ran into something aย  related a long time ago when I had ripped a bunch of CD's in linux, then copied them over to a windows computer and the player kept tripping over certain tracks, and it was because of colons and semi-colons in the file names that the ripping SW and linux weren't bothered by, but Windows wouldn't process.

Thank you for the feed backs! I will look at these things.

Yes, I think my desktop is more 'messy' than messed up, lol. Yet, in most other things I am quite 'orderly' for the most part - sometimes it even irks people. ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ™‚