4/6/24 7PM Pistons @ Nets

48 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Nobody melts down like a Monty Williams squad.

Seriously.  You could make a fortune live betting this team.  

Any time the Pistons go up by double digits just hammer the other teams moneyline.  

11 hours ago, casimir said:

Of the ten worst seasons in franchise history, this season as well as the previous four completed season comprise five of those ten.  Nice restoration.

image.png.cf32468cb3cb31de3e68e432d6ac5b70.png

I don't know what the worst 5 season stretch in the NBA is, but the Pistons have to be in the running.  They have a shot at the bottom section there (22.68% winning percentage) and currently sit at the top section (22.91%).  The Grizzlies have that honor at 20.63% which includes a strike shortened season.  I figured the trust the process 76ers had to be in there somewhere, those of us at a certain age knew the mid to late Clippers had to be in there, and I looked over the last several expansion teams which got the Timberwolves in there although their worst stretch didn't include their inaugural season.

So, yeah, start cleaning house 5 minutes ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Flynn is 1-19 from the floor in his two games since scoring 50.

I think you've mentioned that you don't follow baseball.  Michael Lorenzen through a no hitter in August last season and essentially wasn't worthy of being a starting pitcher after that.  He hit a season stamina wall because he hadn't pitched as much during a season as he did last season.  Maybe that's what happened with Flynn.  He had his peak game, but because he hasn't played as much with other teams as he has with this traveshamockery of a franchise, he hasn't the legs to finish the season.

3 hours ago, casimir said:

image.png.cf32468cb3cb31de3e68e432d6ac5b70.png

I don't know what the worst 5 season stretch in the NBA is, but the Pistons have to be in the running.  They have a shot at the bottom section there (22.68% winning percentage) and currently sit at the top section (22.91%).  The Grizzlies have that honor at 20.63% which includes a strike shortened season.  I figured the trust the process 76ers had to be in there somewhere, those of us at a certain age knew the mid to late Clippers had to be in there, and I looked over the last several expansion teams which got the Timberwolves in there although their worst stretch didn't include their inaugural season.

So, yeah, start cleaning house 5 minutes ago.

Nice work.  This guy has a bigger list https://nbahoopsonline.com/History/Records/5worstyears.html

For all the talk about Philly, they are only 7th now 8th on that list.  The 34 win season they were not yet trying to lose since Collins was still the coach.  Then the year after winning 28 games, they won 52.

That Memphis run could probably be expanded to 8 years.  01 and 02 they only won 23 games.  03 they won 28 and finally in 04 they won 50.  But 3 years later they started another bad run only winning 22, 22, and 24 games.  

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Nice work.  This guy has a bigger list https://nbahoopsonline.com/History/Records/5worstyears.html

For all the talk about Philly, they are only 7th now 8th on that list.  The 34 win season they were not yet trying to lose since Collins was still the coach.  Then the year after winning 28 games, they won 52.

That Memphis run could probably be expanded to 8 years.  01 and 02 they only won 23 games.  03 they won 28 and finally in 04 they won 50.  But 3 years later they started another bad run only winning 22, 22, and 24 games.  

Thanks.  I was looking specifically for 5 seasons because that’s the current Piston quagmire (well, the absolute lowest point of it anyway), and trying to find any 5 year span worse than it.  I eyeballed other teams (like the Mavericks), but the cursory look wasn’t as bad as the current Pistons, so I moved on.

As for the Memphis 8 year run, the way things are going, we may be looking at that comparison in 3 years.  What an absolute catastrophe this manglement team is.

JRIII's latest article puts the Pistons assets into tiers and he talks about the most likely to stay.

The prized possession tier is Cade and the 2024 pick.

Second tier is Not quite a prized possession and #3 most likely to stay is Thompson.

His next tier is high upside but circumstances.  Duren is #4 most likely to stay and Ivey is #5.

Next tier is Good players who the Pistons should want to keep and other teams should want, without the high upside.  Fontecchio and Stewart are 6A and 6B.

Next tier is Intriguing but lots to prove.  Sasser and Grimes are here.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

JRIII's latest article puts the Pistons assets into tiers and he talks about the most likely to stay.

The prized possession tier is Cade and the 2024 pick.

Second tier is Not quite a prized possession and #3 most likely to stay is Thompson.

His next tier is high upside but circumstances.  Duren is #4 most likely to stay and Ivey is #5.

Next tier is Good players who the Pistons should want to keep and other teams should want, without the high upside.  Fontecchio and Stewart are 6A and 6B.

Next tier is Intriguing but lots to prove.  Sasser and Grimes are here.

Where do Monty, Weaver, and Silas fall on that list?