4/12 8:30PM Pistons @ Mavericks

JEIII with the "big changes are coming" headline.  then drops the big news that the pistons might hire a president of basketball operations!  

and that everyone is likely to return next year.

lol.  tom gores is a buffoon.  

who could it be?  what flashy, big name person who has either never been in charge or hasnt been in charge for such a long time that theyre out of the loop on modern nba basketball?  have to go with a big name that gets attention.  lets see...

Mark Jackson?  rick pitino?  jeff vangundy?  charles barkley?  ISIAH THOMAS?  phil jackson?  does arn tellum have a cousin we dont know about?

the article rehashes some of gores' inane comments from his mid season interview which just sound more vapid knowing what happened the rest of the season.

this franchise is so ****ed.

Why keep Weaver if you are hiring someone else and giving him Weavers power?

A president can make sense.  Tom Wilson was the president for years.  But he ran the business side, and while technically Dumars reported to Wilson, Dumars ran the basketball side.

But JEIII made it sound like the new person would be running the basketball side.  At that point I don't see why Weaver would be retained.  Redundant layers of management is the calling card of a poorly run organization, so par for the course I guess.

• Like 1

I would have already had calls into Bob Myers to see if he has any interest in returning to the NBA.  He is still very young (49) and he built the Warriors into what they were.  

If he has no interest I ask if he would consider a 3 month consulting gig.  Fire Weaver and let Myers run the search for my next GM.  

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Why keep Weaver if you are hiring someone else and giving him Weavers power?

A president can make sense.  Tom Wilson was the president for years.  But he ran the business side, and while technically Dumars reported to Wilson, Dumars ran the basketball side.

But JEIII made it sound like the new person would be running the basketball side.  At that point I don't see why Weaver would be retained.  Redundant layers of management is the calling card of a poorly run organization, so par for the course I guess.

the worst product in the company's history is also a sign of a poorly run organization.