Jump to content

11/19/2021 07:00 EST Golden State Warriors @ Detroit Pistons


casimir
 Share

Recommended Posts

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know when I got to a local game I want to see my team win more than the other players.  I hear this take a lot and really do not get it.  Those guys being out gives your team a better chance to win.  I mean MAYBE if it was the guys last year or something and he was one of the all time greats.

I also understand there may be some Warrior fans in this area, but if that is the case they get to be mad at their team..it is not like anything the Pistons did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I know when I got to a local game I want to see my team win more than the other players.  I hear this take a lot and really do not get it.  Those guys being out gives your team a better chance to win.  I mean MAYBE if it was the guys last year or something and he was one of the all time greats.

I also understand there may be some Warrior fans in this area, but if that is the case they get to be mad at their team..it is not like anything the Pistons did.

I really don't care too much either as an adult but as a kid I had a lot of "favorite" players on opposing teams and I would specifically pick those games to go to like the Sonics for Kemp, Magic for Penny and Warriors for Sprewell(for some reason I liked him as a kid before he went crazy and started choking out coaches), thankfully anytime I went my faves played but I think I would have been disappointed if they didn't. 

My friend bought floor seats for tonights game just so his 12 year old son could watch and study Steph, I had to just break the news to him that he isn't playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I really don't care too much either as an adult but as a kid I had a lot of "favorite" players on opposing teams and I would specifically pick those games to go to like the Sonics for Kemp, Magic for Penny and Warriors for Sprewell(for some reason I liked him as a kid before he went crazy and started choking out coaches), thankfully anytime I went my faves played but I think I would have been disappointed if they didn't. 

My friend bought floor seats for tonights game just so his 12 year old son could watch and study Steph, I had to just break the news to him that he isn't playing. 

its such bullshit.  they're not even hurt.

people seem to forget that people pay good money to watch these guys play and then they rest them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, buddha said:

its such bullshit.  they're not even hurt.

people seem to forget that people pay good money to watch these guys play and then they rest them.

Yeah it definitely sucks for the people that paid to go see them.  Maybe the league should adopt a policy that states that you have to give a notice say a couple weeks if you're going to sit a player(s) for rest. I mean they have a schedule, they should be able to navigate and pick out ahead what games they think is best to rest guys.

I suppose though it would be hard to enforce cause teams can just make up some minor injury and blame it on that instead of rest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frank Jackson was possessed in this game.  He was a fun watch.  It seemed like he blended in some more driving to the basket than in the past, but maybe its just my perception.

Diamond in the rough?  Maybe not a diamond per se, but a quality shooter off of the bench.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was really disheartening to hear all the cheers for the Lakers at LCA.  I feel like basketball in Detroit is all about who's hot at the moment.  I will also never forget being at a BW3 to watch the Pistons V Miami and hearing people going crazy when Wade stole the ball late and drove to the basket and dunked it...it basically was an exclamation point on the end of that era for the Detroit Pistons...it was 2006 I just went and looked it up.

I remember being so mad that people in Detroit were so actively rooting against the Pistons because D Wade was all the rage in basketball then..I hated it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

One last observation...again from a guy who loves basketball, but has been out of the loop for a good 10 years..has Gerami Grant always been a scorer like he has been for us?  I mean he is the goto guy when they need a score.

No, that's why he came here when offered equal money by Denver (a good playoff team). He wanted the chance to showcase his skills.

He can light it up when he gets hot, but he also takes a lot of low efficiency long two-pointers and isn't good at creating for others. Most don't see him as #1 or #2 option on a championship team and question his timeline with the Pistons youth movement, so you'll often hear people talk of moving him for picks or a younger player.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

No, that's why he came here when offered equal money by Denver (a good playoff team). He wanted the chance to showcase his skills.

He can light it up when he gets hot, but he also takes a lot of low efficiency long two-pointers and isn't good at creating for others. Most don't see him as #1 or #2 option on a championship team and question his timeline with the Pistons youth movement, so you'll often hear people talk of moving him for picks or a younger player.

Seems like everyone looks to him when they need a basket.  I agree that can be bad for the development of young guys, but he makes them more than not from what I am seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Seems like everyone looks to him when they need a basket.  I agree that can be bad for the development of young guys, but he makes them more than not from what I am seeing.

You need to watch more 4th quarters. Casey calls the Grant isolation play over and over and it doesn't work over and over. He's just not an iso player and the usual result is a long two point attempt, which is the least efficient shot in basketball and one that's he's only hitting 32% of the time.

He certainly has his games where he's on fire (like last night) but he's much better in the flow of the offense like when he was getting wide open 3 point looks from the guards initiating the offense in the 2nd quarter or when he's using his athleticism to drive to the basket off of a screen. Putting the ball in his hands for an iso play in the 4th has been bad news ever since he came to Detroit, but Casey doesn't learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

You need to watch more 4th quarters. Casey calls the Grant isolation play over and over and it doesn't work over and over. He's just not an iso player and the usual result is a long two point attempt, which is the least efficient shot in basketball and one that's he's only hitting 32% of the time.

He certainly has his games where he's on fire (like last night) but he's much better in the flow of the offense like when he was getting wide open 3 point looks from the guards initiating the offense in the 2nd quarter or when he's using his athleticism to drive to the basket off of a screen. Putting the ball in his hands for an iso play in the 4th has been bad news ever since he came to Detroit, but Casey doesn't learn.

Maybe.  I am not watching every game like I used to, but after posting this I went and checked and dude is still leading the team in scoring and while not very efficient at .45% still seems to be the guy everyone on the team is trying to feed when he is on the court.

I have no doubt you watch more games than me, but out of the 16 so far this year I have watched more so far this year then in years past already.  I am just excited to be able to talk about basketball again.  Out of all the major sports basketball was the one I was the best at as a kid and the one I played more than any other.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      185
    • Most Online
      119

    Newest Member
    roarintiger1
    Joined
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...