Stumbled across this "article." Could you be more wrong??

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

Is it intentionally trying to annoy people by excluding the old english D?

I didn't look too closely at the site... I did see a link to a sports betting site in there so my guess is that it's just some site thrown up to try to get referral clicks to gambling sites and the content isn't really thought out stuff, just thrown together to in the hopes that someone clicks through. 

My guess is that at best it's someone with a cursory knowledge of sports who googled "Detroit Sports Logos." I just actually read through the "article" and it's even more hillarious reading the details:

"We love the Detroit Pistons logo, although we remember the possibly more iconic version from the 90s during the era Grant Hill played for the team."  Umm... what?? The "more iconic" teal horse head logo??

"We love the simple red and white colors, which hail back to Detroit’s deep history in the automobile industry." How exactly does Red and White hail back to the history of the automobile industry?

"Since its inception, the team’s logo has always contained a stylized lion and used the same color combination of blue, white, and grey." No, it actually hasn't. The original logo was "natural" colors with a player and a yellow lion.

At least the Spartans and Wolverines write up didn't seem to have any glaring errors... but I don't follow college sports too much so  maybe there's something there I missed.

This might help explain:

https://sportslogohistory.com/about/

As a sports enthusiast growing up in Southern California, I considered myself truly fortunate. California boasts the highest number of professional sports teams among all states. With a total of 15 teams, there is ample opportunity to become a devoted fan of a specific team and sport.

From a young age, I was intrigued by the Los Angeles Lakers, my favorite team. I often wondered how they came to be in Los Angeles and how they acquired the nickname "Lakers." Additionally, I pondered which arena the Lakers played in before the renowned "Fabulous Forum." The journey to Los Angeles for the Lakers, much like many professional sports teams across the country, holds fascinating twists and turns. Thus, I delved into the rich history of professional sports teams to uncover the answers I sought.

AND SO...SPORTS LOGO HISTORY AND SPORTS TEAM HISTORY WERE CREATED!

Explore Sports Logo History and Sports Team History to uncover my passion for sports history! Enjoy my hobby, but remember not to take it too seriously, as many fans often do!

12 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

AI content

Yep.

I see this kind of thing when comes to things related to Marvel and Star wars. Lots of paragraphs to say one thing everybody either knew or something that completely missed the point because AI doesn't understand context, especially in when it comes to something like Marvel or Star Wars where you have a connection in movies or cartoons decades apart.

3 hours ago, oblong said:

Yep.

I see this kind of thing when comes to things related to Marvel and Star wars. Lots of paragraphs to say one thing everybody either knew or something that completely missed the point because AI doesn't understand context, especially in when it comes to something like Marvel or Star Wars where you have a connection in movies or cartoons decades apart.

Garbage AI content is everywhere. Best to sniff it out and not click on it.

AI is going to go the way of NFT's. Only as good as the data supporting it, and that data is getting dirtier and dirtier.

• Like 2