Pistons to hire Trajan Langdon as POBO

55 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Since Tellem has been here the franchise has done nothing but lose. What has he done that's been positive? 

Was he not apart of the search committee to bring in Weaver? Just as Tom Lewand was apart of promoting Matt Millen's #2 in command Martin Mayhew to Lions GM. When Mayhew was fired so was Lewand for, in-part, having worked with Mayhew during his tenure with the Lions. If indeed Tellem was apart of bringing Weaver in then he needs to go along with Weaver.

Being part of that search committee is not enough to fire someone.  Do you know what Tellem contributed to that committee?  For all we know he said not to hire Weaver and Gores did it anyway.  

Most things I find online say Tellem runs the business side of things for Gores while consulting on some major basketball decisions.  

4 hours ago, Betrayer said:

What a joke of an organization. Friday news drops. No press conference. Tom had his PR team write up some blurbs to post to social media.

I was really confused when I saw that tweet. I thought I missed a press conference.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2024 at 7:51 AM, casimir said:

I want to be optimistic even though I don't know much about Langdon.  But the problem is that I've seen enough with Gores to tamper that optimism way down.

I'm with you 100%.

Also, the Langdon situation gives me Weaver vibes. I was listening to a New Orleans reporter talk about his role and they basically said that there's no way of knowing what to attribute to Langdon since Griffin is the guy out front taking all the credit and that Langdon is happy to just hang back if there are other people who want to be in the spotlight. Of course they followed that up with, but "he's said to have a great basketball mind."

The whole thing smells a lot like Weaver behind Sam Presti. Also touted as a "great basketball mind."

Then you factor in Gores 0 for 5 track record on hiring GMs and Coaches (not counting the Dumars years) and it gets scary.

I was pulling for Hammond or Connelly because at least we know what those guys have done and they've done it at more than one location.

I guess time will tell. Langdon can buy some immediate trust from me if he fires Monty.