Cavan Biggio or Keston Hiura

AlaskanTigersFan

16 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Need some help. Since there's no MLB forum, which would you prefer? Just completely curious what ya'll think. Forget what you'd have to give up. Just going forward, which would you rather have between the 2?

Are these haute cuisine dishes or baseball players?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Biggio

Thank you. 

I am part of a fantasy baseball league that dates back to the early 1980's. Its a STRATO-Matic league if anyone knows what that is. Trying to figure out a trade and needed input on which one to go after because I needed games at first base and OF. (Although I honestly wouldn't mind if the Tigers got either one of these guys too). 

1 hour ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Thank you. 

I am part of a fantasy baseball league that dates back to the early 1980's. Its a STRATO-Matic league if anyone knows what that is. Trying to figure out a trade and needed input on which one to go after because I needed games at first base and OF. (Although I honestly wouldn't mind if the Tigers got either one of these guys too). 

Hiura has a bit more power but his K rate is ridiculously high.  He won't have a job if he can't cut back on strikeouts.  Biggio has a better K rate and also walks a lot 

47 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'm assuming this is a keeper league. I'd go with Biggio.

But then my history in APBA draft leagues has not been stellar. (I once traded Curt Schilling for John Rocker)

Do you still use cards or the computer version.

Computer version. I'm flying up to Michigan from SC in February for my draft. hah we really are nerds. 

10 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Thank you. 

That's pretty cool.

10 hours ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Computer version. I'm flying up to Michigan from SC in February for my draft. hah we really are nerds. 

That's awesome that you guys have kept it going so long.

Anyone here ever play the baseball board game Pursue the Pennant? My buddy and I played from middle school until we started having kids. I tried to get my teenage boy to play but its not a video game. I still have it and team player cards that got updated from 80's through early 2000's.....

TEMPLATE Dynasty Pursue The Pennant 1987 EX-NM.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

I was in a APBA league using historical seasons. When I started we were drafting players from 1930 (this was 1991). I left a few years ago as we were entering the '80s. To much quibbling over whether uncarded players could be used among other things...and one of the old timers asking the same questions every draft. The league still seems to be hobbling along.

One of the members has been active in tournaments in the region (until COVID)