Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is dumb

10 hours ago, Screwball said:

Question for the music minds here.  I noticed in Biffs list, a band called The Black Crowes. One of the founders, as I understand it, is a guy named Steve Gorman.  He has a nightly syndicated radio show with a model named April Rose.  Out of Nashville I think.

Does anyone listen to them?  I like the music, and his tales are pretty good.  I also wonder how much is recycled material and the entire thing isn't even live.  A guy calling in for a song could have been a week ago.

All of those syndicated shows are voice-tracked. A lot of the satellite radio stuff is voice-tracked as well. There are some live shows (I think Alan Hunter is live as well as the woman who broadcasts from the RnR Hall of Fame)

For the Black Crowes: they are a phenomenal band. So many great influences. I'll post a link to their most popular song and then some of the stuff that really cemented me in as a huge fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYyRLTveFJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ooCI3yXhU&list=PLq3tMCadmukcDIiWevaz_agVuEroKHq6V

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pfife said:

love the Black Crowes too!

I have heard/read people say they don't like the Beatles, I have a friend who despises LedZep, but I have never heard/read anyone say they didn't like The Black Crowes.

I saw them open for Aerosmith when they were relatively unknown and saw them headline an intimate show in the early 90's. I haven't seen them since but need to.

41 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I have heard/read people say they don't like the Beatles, I have a friend who despises LedZep, but I have never heard/read anyone say they didn't like The Black Crowes.

I saw them open for Aerosmith when they were relatively unknown and saw them headline an intimate show in the early 90's. I haven't seen them since but need to.

They are a great band that made some tremendous music.   The only thing that stopped them from being bigger were the peculiar personalities of both Robinson brothers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

They are a great band that made some tremendous music.   The only thing that stopped them from being bigger were the peculiar personalities of both Robinson brothers.

The current tour should be titled "lets make some cash so we don't go broke paying for dope" tour. I found out they're playing in Mt Pleasant and their outdoor venue is fantastic so I'll go. I can imagine that the whole crowd will refrain from smoking.

8 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

The current tour should be titled "lets make some cash so we don't go broke paying for dope" tour. I found out they're playing in Mt Pleasant and their outdoor venue is fantastic so I'll go. I can imagine that the whole crowd will refrain from smoking.

Oh that sounds kinda rad.....

For me in the beginning of the 90s the black crowes was all there was for current straight up blues based rock and roll on the radio. Grunge was still kind of niche and it’s own thing. 

I heard it said that the blackest white guy used to be Peter Wolf then it became Chris Robinson.