22 Years Ago Today

Motor City Sonics

43 minutes ago, oblong said:

I remember Biergarten got hosed a few years ago when some moron who owned the building next door decided to knock it down and ruined their building.  Of course, being Dearborn, the guy just did what he wanted with no permits or whatever.... I hope they leave that space empty.  There's plenty of open buildings available for a new business.  Not sure who owns it now.  

Also, you know what's going on in Dearborn, right?   We have a mayor signing off on things when he can't remember his own children and doesn't know what year he graduated high school (1890 was a answer he gave in a deposition).   That's ridiculous.   Either someone is signing his name or they are having him sign things without him having any idea what's happening.   People should be going to jail over this.   

52 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Also, you know what's going on in Dearborn, right?   We have a mayor signing off on things when he can't remember his own children and doesn't know what year he graduated high school (1890 was a answer he gave in a deposition).   That's ridiculous.   Either someone is signing his name or they are having him sign things without him having any idea what's happening.   People should be going to jail over this.   

someone I trust very much who is involved in city gov't has talked with me about the mayor.  He said "The guy would not fail a mental competency test".  He wouldn't say more.  I think the mayor either had a stroke or had stroke like symptoms from covid and cannot verbally express what he wants but mentally is there.  A friend of mine is their neighbor and she told me she sees him every day get in his car and drive to work and if he wasn't mentally there then no way his wife would let him do that.

It's a sensitive subject for sure.

I'm voting for Gary.  Abdullah is too young and when he constantly talks about "his team" I get worried.... I'm not voting for a team. If there's others then let us know who they are so we can vet them.  

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My best friend's family owned a bar called Kenilworth Pub in Dearborn.  They now own The Biergarten, also in Dearborn.  I don't know why but at some point Oakland A's people started hanging out there while they stayed at the Ritz in Dearborn.  We all became friends with the A's trainer, Barry Weinberg.     Barry would always get us tickets when the A's were in town.  

One Sunday we had tickets for an A's game with Mark McGwire was still with them.   These were tickets on the first base side, but we always like to sit in the first few rows of the right field upper deck.  The old stadium they didn't really check, it was rarely full.   

We have the one guy who is always late and not 10 minutes late, like 45 minutes late, to everything.  We are on our way to the game and 1st inning Tony Clark hits a home run, right to our seats. We get to the stadium, it's the 2nd inning and we are in the hallways in the lower deck, we stop to get beers and dogs and on the TV we see another HR go right to our seats, so we all rip on Steve and he unleashes an obscene-laden torrent at the top of his lungs at us (because we stopped for food and beer) that echoed through the corridors so loudly that security almost threw him out of the park.  I swear that when they leveled the place and tore down that hallway, the last whoosh of air to escape still include echoes of Steve's tirade.  

🤣

I think I mentioned this before, but Biergarten sponsored our softball team for a few years about 4-5 years ago maybe.  Used to hang there after and sometimes before games all the time.

Barry Weinberg told us the story of Yogi Berra, hanging out at St. Louis' spring training and talking about how he just shot a commercial for that insurance company that he called Affliction..............Nobody knew what he was talking about until he mentioned the duck and everyone was like "Oh..........Aflac" and then he said  "Yeah, they got 3 of dem ducks, but none of 'em really talk".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3