Whatchya cooking a thread

I am a big charcoal Weber grill guy, I have 5 setup for various cooks. Last night made my first run of jalapeno poppers fresh out of the garden. Here is the recipe I use, the key is to pull all the seeds out and they become very mild.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/grilling-inspiration/smoked-jalapeno-poppers/weber-29850.html

FEEB4A20-1BC9-42C5-A8F1-FBB4528B1AE8.jpeg

2B0A7145-E765-4212-9ECC-DE9918CE8D11.jpeg

E0149E48-1EA4-4084-A706-424FE6734E52.jpeg

736F920A-DD3B-4051-8F10-CC7D7D3680B6.jpeg

82273CA0-D09D-4529-9EC8-8C5B490897A6.jpeg

Edited by Tigeraholic1
  • Like 1

Damn, those look amazing. Yum 😋 

I don’t grill. I’m a stove-top, or oven-roasted chick. 😁

This morning’s creation was a green pepper, red pepper flakes, fresh basil, red onion, Roasted cherry tomatoes frittata… with a side of avocado.

(It’s sooo late morning, can’t really be called breakfast, so let’s say brunch)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Damn, those look amazing. Yum 😋 

I don’t grill. I’m a stove-top, or oven-roasted chick. 😁

This morning’s creation was a green pepper, red pepper flakes, fresh basil, red onion, Roasted cherry tomatoes frittata… with a side of avocado.

(It’s sooo late morning, can’t really be called breakfast, so let’s say brunch)

Awesome, I was hoping this thread could include all cooking!  You eat when your hungry.

• Like 1

Tonight, I’m having a throwback to my growing up Friday night supper was when I was a kid. They were of course, meatless suppers, back in the day. So the sauce my mom would make is a marinara sauce with fresh zucchini in it. That over a bowl of linguine or penne With a little grated cheese on top, was heaven. Just because I like spicy, I add some red pepper flakes, fresh basil to. I also had so many fresh little cherry tomatoes, that I added about 2 cups of that also. Very simple supper but the best. EVOO, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, basil.

AA72B303-706C-48BB-B036-9EAFFC36F143.jpeg

• Like 2

French Fries from the air fryer..............Overshoot the cooking time by about 3 minutes.      I know I shouldn't be eating french fries but I made a massive amount of orange pao stir fry Monday........so that was dinner Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.........had to break it up, there is still one more meal's worth.    I know, boring, but also easy. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Tonight, I’m having a throwback to my growing up Friday night supper was when I was a kid. They were of course, meatless suppers, back in the day. So the sauce my mom would make is a marinara sauce with fresh zucchini in it. That over a bowl of linguine or penne With a little grated cheese on top, was heaven. Just because I like spicy, I add some red pepper flakes, fresh basil to. I also had so many fresh little cherry tomatoes, that I added about 2 cups of that also. Very simple supper but the best. EVOO, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, basil.

AA72B303-706C-48BB-B036-9EAFFC36F143.jpeg

Sue that sounds great! Reminds of my grandma's cooking. I really enjoy watching this Gal and listening to her stories about growing up and meal choices during the Depression. She has a bunch of videos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried my hand a BBQ Shotgun shells. Stuffed manicotti shells (Angus Beef, Italian Sausage, Hatch peppers and shredded sharp chedder) wrapped with hickory bacon smoked for three hours and a light glaze of sweet bbq sauce. Turned out better than expected. I had a house full of college kids home for the weekend and they loved it.

651782DB-09DC-4AC9-B77A-B854497F733B.jpeg

F850CFBB-1D9E-4A91-B923-77697BD7C40D.jpeg

A87F57E1-CA34-4DF8-B889-7A31F18D715B.jpeg

Edited by Tigeraholic1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:08 AM, Tigeraholic1 said:

Tried my hand a BBQ Shotgun shells. Stuffed manicotti shells (Angus Beef, Italian Sausage, Hatch peppers and shredded sharp chedder) wrapped with hickory bacon smoked for three hours and a light glaze of sweet bbq sauce. Turned out better than expected. I had a house full of college kids home for the weekend and they loved it.

651782DB-09DC-4AC9-B77A-B854497F733B.jpeg

F850CFBB-1D9E-4A91-B923-77697BD7C40D.jpeg

A87F57E1-CA34-4DF8-B889-7A31F18D715B.jpeg

The current propane grill is probably due to be replaced.  Your grilling pictures are not helping the current grill's cause.

On 9/10/2022 at 9:08 AM, Tigeraholic1 said:

I have added this to my to-do list for smoker recipes. Looks great, and seems simple enough even I can't screw it up.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I have added this to my to-do list for smoker recipes. Looks great, and seems simple enough even I can't screw it up.

One thing you can do to decrease cooking time and prevent drying out I have found. Prep the shells the night before, leaving them in the fridge helps to loosen up the noodle shell. I was able to cook them prefectly with only an hour at 300F. Also make sure the bacon covers the noodle well if not they get pretty chewy on those exposed areas. Good luck and enjoy, they are tasty!

Edited by Tigeraholic1

• 4 months later...

Made my Thai chicken in the crockpot last week. I like it and always question myself as to why I don’t make it more often. Very easy. Very tasty.

=======•====================

Coconut Thai chicken - crockpot 

About three boneless chicken breast (or boneless thighs) cut into 1 inch chunks

In bowl mix the following:

1/3 cup peanut butter - creamy

1 can coconut milk (about 13 oz)

1 jar salsa (I’ve used pineapple salsa, but any will do)

2-3 TBS soy sauce

2-3 cloves minced fresh garlic (or dried)

1 TBS minced fresh ginger (if using dried, just sprinkle some in)

Note: I’ve also added chunks of fresh pineapple (1 cup or so) to this mix and thought it was a good addition, but you don’t need it.

Pour mix over chicken in crockpot, low power 4-5 hours.

When done, you can also put fresh chopped peanuts, cilantro, and squeeze lime juice on top. 

I like it over jasmine or basmati rice, but noodles would work, too. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Sunday Pie. Spaghetti baked on the charcoal Weber. Big hit with the teenagers.

IMG_1053.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

Spaghetti pie was a staple growing up… whenever there was spaghetti or linguine leftover (& my mother always made plenty), you could guarantee this would show up a few days later.  And we all loved it.

Yours looks fantastic!👍

• Thanks 1