Tampa Bay Lighting @ Detroit Red Wings. Game 1 of the Yzerman Series and the Season.

40 minutes ago, oblong said:

I was at the game and haven’t felt that much energy there for a game ever.  Larkin probably gets suspended for that.  

I'm not so sure he does, actually.   Maybe fined, but he has no rep and he was 100% justified to react like that. 

Too bad it's months until we play those bastards again.   They took a lot of uncalled cheap shots all night.   The officials were garbage last night.  

I haven't watched a hockey game in years until last night.  The was an entertaining game and Wings gave it away.  One thing I noticed was they seemed to be lacking the big hits and a lot of pushing and shoving but no fighting.  Is it a league thing where they stop the fights before they get started now?

3 hours ago, Archie said:

I haven't watched a hockey game in years until last night.  The was an entertaining game and Wings gave it away.  One thing I noticed was they seemed to be lacking the big hits and a lot of pushing and shoving but no fighting.  Is it a league thing where they stop the fights before they get started now?

There are less goons in the league, specifically less guys who are only there to be goons.  Often linesmen will jump in between guys if they can but if a rare fight does break out they won't usually stop it.  Just happens less frequently now.

Also:

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1449008799189291009?s=20

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

There are less goons in the league, specifically less guys who are only there to be goons.  Often linesmen will jump in between guys if they can but if a rare fight does break out they won't usually stop it.  Just happens less frequently now.

Also:

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1449008799189291009?s=20

Thank you.  

15 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

spacer.png

boop

and larkin will get suspended and joseph (and palat) wont.  even though they both cross checked guys from behind when those guys were bent over facing the boards.  its the same thing lemieux did to draper but their faces didnt go right into the bench like drapers did.  but its no less dangerous and no less dirty.

im only disappointed they didnt send smith out there to pummel joseph.  if they werent winning the game, they probably would have.

palat's hit on ras was just as dirty.