Columbus Blue Jackets @ Detroit Red Wings.

Just watching Seider is going to be fun. I didn't see who it was but just a little play that passed with no-one noticing but a Jacket skated into Seider to check him, and just bounced off. The kid's like a Jersey barrier on skates. And the confidence to reverse the puck instead of giving up possession on blind dumps up ice.

Edited by gehringer_2

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This could be a decent year.  

let's not get ahead of ourselves.  

despite the score, tampa bay skated circles around detroit.  vancouver isnt going to be very good and they outplayed the wings but lost.  columbus is one of the worst teams in the league.  and all three games were at home.

let's hold off before we start printing playoff tickets.

original.png

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

let's not get ahead of ourselves.  

despite the score, tampa bay skated circles around detroit.  vancouver isnt going to be very good and they outplayed the wings but lost.  columbus is one of the worst teams in the league.  and all three games were at home.

let's hold off before we start printing playoff tickets.

original.png

Dude, I said Decent, I'm not sending a roster to the Stanley Cup engravers.  

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Dude, I said Decent, I'm not sending a roster to the Stanley Cup engravers.  

i think they'll be better than last year, but will still be a bottom five-eight team.

Let's focus on the positive: the hawks are getting blown out again and are in cap hell without first round picks for a couple years.

59 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think they'll be better than last year, but will still be a bottom five-eight team.

Let's focus on the positive: the hawks are getting blown out again and are in cap hell without first round picks for a couple years.

I think the big unknown is the 1st line. If Larkin and Bertuzzi plus a new line-mate stay healthy and recapture some of what they were doing in the 2nd half of 2019, that's going to percolate down through the match-ups. They've looked good together through 4 periods, but small sample sizes apply. The other big risk is Seider somehow losing this early confidence and slumping. So far he and Leddy amount to a new #1 D pair, pushing your old #1 pairing down to having to play less against the oppositions best. That's a lot of roster improvement in one season if it holds together that way. But yeah - we have to see what it looks like against a better cross section of the opposition.

9 hours ago, buddha said:

Last year, in the second half, they weren't that bad.   As long as Greiss keeps playing the way he has since the middle of last season, they can be interesting.      Greiss had that weird season, split right in half.  First 17 games he was awful, Second 17 he was good enough to be an award nominee.   

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Last year, in the second half, they weren't that bad.   As long as Greiss keeps playing the way he has since the middle of last season, they can be interesting.      Greiss had that weird season, split right in half.  First 17 games he was awful, Second 17 he was good enough to be an award nominee.   

the best thing about greiss playing well is that it will raise his value on the trade market.