10/20/2021 07:00 EDT Chicago Bulls @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

35 minutes ago, NYLion said:

That's the design, this is a rebuild ya know. I hope you didn't expect them to be good in Year 2 of roster teardown with 90% of the roster being early to mid 20s players.

if the design is to assemble a team that cant compete with nba athletes while mismanaging assets to the point of ridiculousness, he's succeeded in spades.  

i dont expect them to be good, my problem is that they are building a very limited team, imo unless cade is luka doncic.

but they try hard.  that's something.

40 minutes ago, NYLion said:

CoJo the entire 4th quarter, no Saben Lee at all despite him looking great in preseason, runs isolation offense with players who are incapable of beating their defender 1 on 1. Casey is the worst when it comes to rotations and system implementation. Good motivational coach, players play hard for him but he's positively atrocious when it comes to X's and O's.

they looked terrible on offense.  and the bulls are an awful defensive team.

especially egregious because they have no players other than occasionally grant who can get their own shot.

33 minutes ago, buddha said:

if the design is to assemble a team that cant compete with nba athletes while mismanaging assets to the point of ridiculousness, he's succeeded in spades.  

i dont expect them to be good, my problem is that they are building a very limited team, imo unless cade is luka doncic.

but they try hard.  that's something.

The design is to rebuild with youth which usually leads to a lot of losses in the NBA. I don't think Weaver WANTS the team to lose but rebuilding teams usually lose before they learn how to win.

With all that said, this is a team that has been competitive last season (outside of the final tank stretch) and yesterday (not sure why you think they aren't competitive) so it's not like they've been getting blown out like a lot of the other rebuilding teams. Bottom line, I don't think Weaver should be judged by wins and losses quite yet.

This is technically the 1st full rebuild year so it's not surprising that they still need a talent upgrade but they're getting there. Another high end prospect added to the fold this offseason and some cap space opening up along with the young guys maturing and the team should take some bigger steps forward starting next year but they're going to take some serious lumps until then. It's not like the Lions with a bare cupboard, there's a foundation to build off of with the Pistons.

Edited by NYLion

23 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The design is to rebuild with youth which usually leads to a lot of losses in the NBA. I don't think Weaver WANTS the team to lose but rebuilding teams usually lose before they learn how to win.

With all that said, this is a team that has been competitive last season (outside of the final tank stretch) and yesterday (not sure why you think they aren't competitive) so it's not like they've been getting blown out like a lot of the other rebuilding teams. Bottom line, I don't think Weaver should be judged by wins and losses quite yet.

This is technically the 1st full rebuild year so it's not surprising that they still need a talent upgrade but they're getting there. Another high end prospect added to the fold this offseason and some cap space opening up along with the young guys maturing and the team should take some bigger steps forward starting next year but they're going to take some serious lumps until then. It's not like the Lions with a bare cupboard, there's a foundation to build off of with the Pistons.

how was last year not the first year of the rebuild? 

bottom line is that you think more of the talent than i do.  fair enough.

i know rebuilds take time, but the nba is about athletic wings.  we dont have any and havent shown any inclination to get one.  hopefully the next draft has one we can get (although its supposed to be good on big men, not wings).

13 minutes ago, buddha said:

how was last year not the first year of the rebuild? 

bottom line is that you think more of the talent than i do.  fair enough.

i know rebuilds take time, but the nba is about athletic wings.  we dont have any and havent shown any inclination to get one.  hopefully the next draft has one we can get (although its supposed to be good on big men, not wings).

This is the first FULL year of the rebuild. Griffin and Rose were on the team for a chunk of last season. The young guys were handed the keys until late in the season.

I said that they have a foundation to build off of. Cade, Bey, Stewart, even Lee if they ever play him, don't know about Hayes. That's some solid pieces to build around and a potential superstar. You act like this is the Lions with a bare cupboard to build from. Of course there's plenty of work to do to get the talent level up to the high level teams but this rebuild is still in the beginning phase so it's expected to take time.

Edited by NYLion

14 hours ago, buddha said:

in his defense, he's still 20. ... his offense has not improved one bit and he'll never become more athletic.  our best hope is that he's a poor man's lonzo ball and his outside shot gets good enough to be serviceable.

The question is:

Is he Stanley Johnson, and he never improves?

Or is he Khris Middleton or Spencer Dinwiddie and the team gives up on him too early and... all of a sudden, in year 4, he blossoms/ turns into a complimentary player that we wish we had back?

18 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

The question is:

Is he Stanley Johnson, and he never improves?

Or is he Khris Middleton or Spencer Dinwiddie and the team gives up on him too early and... all of a sudden, in year 4, he blossoms/ turns into a complimentary player that we wish we had back?

its really too early to tell.  he's still very young.

3 hours ago, NYLion said:

CoJo the entire 4th quarter, no Saben Lee at all despite him looking great in preseason, runs isolation offense with players who are incapable of beating their defender 1 on 1. Casey is the worst when it comes to rotations and system implementation. Good motivational coach, players play hard for him but he's positively atrocious when it comes to X's and O's.

I don't agree. IMO, he's an excellent coach and we're lucky to have him....