NBA Info - September 2023

Deleterious

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Porter Jr. accusations are ugly.  Things I read in various articles:

He started beating her while she was asleep.

He broke one of her vertebra.

He didn't stop until she ran into the hotel hallway covered in blood.

Scary stuff. Apparently he broke her vertebrae by choking her. They might call that assault but choking someone until their neck breaks sounds a lot like attempted murder.

Sickening that Bridges is back in the league, and unless the league takes a stand I'm sure KPJ will be back in the league at some point as well. It's all about the money.

3 hours ago, buddha said:

they wont be in the league if theyre in jail.  the criminal justice system should put them in jail.

It should, but Bridges is back with the Hornets and he'll play this season after a 10 game suspension to start the year. I'm not expecting anything different from the KPJ case.

23 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

It should, but Bridges is back with the Hornets and he'll play this season after a 10 game suspension to start the year. I'm not expecting anything different from the KPJ case.

i dont have an issue with people who have been accused of crimes being able to ply their trade and earn a living.  if he is convicted he should go to jail.  when he gets out he should be able to work again.  i believe that for anyone in society convicted of crimes (especially when they've just been accused of a crime) including athletes.  people can redeem themselves and deserve second chances.

i also realize that organizations need to consider the safety of their other employees and organizational culture.  sometimes people like porter are just really bad eggs who ruin everything.  in fact, i think porter probably is that type of player and if i were the rockets, this would be a great opportunity to rid myself of a turbulent player.  but on principal, i dont think a conviction - and certainly not an accusation, remember derrick rose's "rape" allegation? - is a reason to fire someone and ban him from working in his chosen profession.

i realize i am very much in the minority on this issue.  lol.

17 hours ago, buddha said:

i dont have an issue with people who have been accused of crimes being able to ply their trade and earn a living.  if he is convicted he should go to jail.  when he gets out he should be able to work again.  i believe that for anyone in society convicted of crimes (especially when they've just been accused of a crime) including athletes.  people can redeem themselves and deserve second chances.

i also realize that organizations need to consider the safety of their other employees and organizational culture.  sometimes people like porter are just really bad eggs who ruin everything.  in fact, i think porter probably is that type of player and if i were the rockets, this would be a great opportunity to rid myself of a turbulent player.  but on principal, i dont think a conviction - and certainly not an accusation, remember derrick rose's "rape" allegation? - is a reason to fire someone and ban him from working in his chosen profession.

i realize i am very much in the minority on this issue.  lol.

Oh, I completely agree that people who do their time should be able to get a second chance. My issue is that I don't think either of these players will (or have) "done their time" because of who they are and the fact that the NBA is all about the bottom line. I also think that when your job is a very public one, where people look up to you and you carry the reputation of the company on your shoulders, the company should go out of its way to make a statement about zero tolerance on issues like this that seem to be a recurring problem with athletes.

Edited by Betrayer

17 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Oh, I completely agree that people who do their time should be able to get a second chance. My issue is that I don't think either of these players will (or have) "done their time" because of who they are and the fact that the NBA is all about the bottom line. I also think that when your job is a very public one, where people look up to you and you carry the reputation of the company on your shoulders, the company should go out of its way to make a statement about zero tolerance on issues like this that seem to be a recurring problem with athletes.

those are all good points.

This is why you don't get convictions.  The league is sort of handcuffed on punishment without a conviction.

Kysre Gondrezick’s lawyer warns of ‘misleading’ info in Kevin Porter hotel assault case

The source familiar with the former WNBA player told us that Gondrezick, “has not given a statement to [law enforcement], and complained to them that what’s being attributed to her is inaccurate and to stop it. These are not her words.”

Robert Hantman, an attorney for Gondrezick, told The Post exclusively in a statement on Wednesday morning: “Ms. Gondrezick wants to express her deep appreciation for the public’s support and prayers. In regards to our client, much that has been written in the press attributing statements to her are misleading and inaccurate. She has not granted nor released any statements on her own volition.”

The statement further adds, “She asks everyone to respect her privacy and avoid speculation as to what occurred and refrain from disclosing any misleading statements as to Mr. Porter. She asks that the press and all officials refrain from any judgment and speculation on this matter which will be rectified properly and with integrity. Thank you!”

I usually do not bet futures.  But Chet would be my pick probably.  His team will win.  That shouldn't matter, but voters show a bias towards winners, see Scottie Barnes.  Chet will also be in a great spot by being the 4th or 5th best player.  He gives up touches but will get a ton of quality looks Victor wont based on teammates.  

Both guys could also be on IR by Thanksgiving.  

• Haha 1