10/25/2023 7:30 EDT Detroit Pistons vs Miami Heat

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

At least it isn't one of the kids.

That's true but I want to see more wins this season, a lot more than 17, so I'm getting "team full of kids" fatigue. Missing their two top vets is going to make it tougher to win games, no matter what one thinks of Bojan's defense.

I'm still 50/50 on Troy, but his asset management issues continue to pile up. Bogey still being on the roster after his value peaked at the last trade deadline is a pretty bad one. And now we sit here watching his value drop with an injury to start a season in which he was already slated to decrease his value by having a smaller role.

22 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I'm still 50/50 on Troy, but his asset management issues continue to pile up. Bogey still being on the roster after his value peaked at the last trade deadline is a pretty bad one. And now we sit here watching his value drop with an injury to start a season in which he was already slated to decrease his value by having a smaller role.

cant wait to give up our first round pick to houston!  although weaver's real plan was to be so bad that the pick never conveys?

i know you were in favor of his first draft and resetting the team.  and i agree there was value there, but they dealt a ton to get bey and stewart and drafted killian 7.  so we got a backup guard, a good undersized role player in stew, and bey was dealt for garbage.  that draft is killing us.

the overall point being he had assets and he turned them into a very shaky foundation of a team.  and he gave up FUTURE assets to attain that foundation, leaving us with less to work with.

it all amounts to a slow rebuild.  how long before gores demands we trade for harden?  lol.

Edited by buddha

59 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

The question is, was he worth much of anything in the first place? I have my doubts. GMs see what we see in him, a player that can score but also give it back at the other end. Grant, who is a far better two player, netted a distant late 1st which Weaver did leverage into Duren but it just shows how paltry the market is.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

The question is, was he worth much of anything in the first place? I have my doubts. GMs see what we see in him, a player that can score but also give it back at the other end. Grant, who is a far better two player, netted a distant late 1st which Weaver did leverage into Duren but it just shows how paltry the market is.

From the rumors we were hearing, I think we can say that he had decent value. He didn't have the value that Weaver was rumored to want (2 firsts), and that's where the problem was.

Even getting a late first rounder could've gotten you someone like Cam Whitmore or Kris Murray. Or maybe you package the pick with a couple seconds to move up further into the teens. Or kick it forward and trade it for another team's future first and a second so you have more draft assets to make a big move down the line. Right now we have zero draft assets making it nearly impossible to go after a big name if one becomes available, regardless of our cap space.

There are a lot of possibilities, but instead he held out and allowed an asset that was at its peak to to diminish. That's bad asset management.

6 hours ago, buddha said:

i've never understood the love affair with troy weaver.  but in his defense, they've had bad lottery luck and injury luck.

however, he willingly gave up assets for james wiseman.  that's a pretty powerful argument against troy.

Agreed.  Some of it is bad luck (Cade).  Some of it is his own doing (Wiseman, Killian, etc).  Overall, I he think does get more credit than he deserves.  

Edited by Hart

Cade is playing great and there is still just not enough offense in the starting lineup.  It makes sense to start Duren and Thompson because they have elite defensive potential and are a big part of the future.  One or both of Killian and Stewart cannot be in the starting lineup.  Whether it's Ivey, Bagley, Burke, or somebody else, we need more offense with the starting five.  

• Thanks 1