11/12/2021 07:30 EDT Detroit Pistons @ Cleveland Cavaliers

casimir

I am surprised at how quickly Evan Mobley has made an impact.   It was always about what he could become in 3 or 4 years when he put on some weight and improved his shot.     To see him putting up solid numbers now when he is still so raw offensively makes me believe the hype that he really could be 1sr team all-nba in 2025.  

23 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I am surprised at how quickly Evan Mobley has made an impact.   It was always about what he could become in 3 or 4 years when he put on some weight and improved his shot.     To see him putting up solid numbers now when he is still so raw offensively makes me believe the hype that he really could be 1sr team all-nba in 2025.  

Time will tell.  He was who I wanted the Pistons to draft.

3 hours ago, casimir said:

Time will tell.  He was who I wanted the Pistons to draft.

Mobley would have been my #1 pick 10 months ago.  But it was pretty obvious everybody in the industry thought Cade was the right pick.  So I bought in.  And I still buy in.  Both will be great.  

Edited by Hart

I just can't believe how poor we have been on offense over the first 10 games.  Some of this has to be put on Casey.  We look completely lost out there.  He was known for being more defensive minded than offensive minded when he came here and I think we are suffering for it.  

• Like 1

Cade will have to work hard on his strength and shooting after the season.  He is just not going to beat NBA level players with his athleticism.  This is not anything we didn't know going into the season.  Just reiterating what we already know I guess.  The court vision and passing are as advertised and that will shine more as he develops.  

Edited by Hart

3 minutes ago, Hart said:

I just can't believe how poor we have been on offense over the first 10 games.  Some of this has to be put on Casey.  We look completely lost out there.  He was known for being more defensive minded than offensive minded when he came here and I think we are suffering for it.  

The Cavs are hardly the Globetrotters, but the Pistons still look like the Senators.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

its going to be 2 or 3 years before cade is going to be good.  the pistons are going to be bad for a while.

This feels worse than it needs to be IMO.  Bey is playing worse than I expected and I think that is a large part of the problem.  I expected him to be better than last year and he has actually been worse.  

I think you can turn it around quick as the young core begins to click in their second/third year.  So we could take a giant leap next season.  But this season is definitely going to be worse than expected.  

Edited by Hart

6 minutes ago, Hart said:

This feels worse than it needs to be IMO.  Bey is playing worse than I expected and I think that is a large part of the problem.  I expected him to be better than last year and he has actually been worse.  

I think you can turn it around quick as the young core begins to click in their second/third year.  So we could take a giant leap next season.  But this season is definitely going to be worse than expected.  

stewart and bey are role players.

cade is supposed to be the superstar.  if he's not, then the pistons are in a world of hurt.  but its only been 10 games.  he's got a long time to get better and i assume he will.

in the meantime 7 turnovers and 9 points is less than ideal.

Cade continually tries to take guys off the dribble and turn the ball over.  Who did everybody compare him to last summer?  Luka Doncic.  I can't say I watch Doncic a lot but I don't think of him as a guy who does what Cade is trying to do.  Eventually, Cade is going to have to figure out that is not playing to his strengths.  

9 minutes ago, Hart said:

Cade will have to work hard on his strength and shooting after the season.  He is just not going to beat NBA level players with his athleticism.  This is not anything we didn't know going into the season.  Just reiterating what we already know I guess.  The court vision and passing are as advertised and that will shine more as he develops.  

Looks like he's got problem not shielding his dribble. You can't go into traffic in the NBA with the ball out in front of you like he's doing without elite speed he doesn't have.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

stewart and bey are role players.

cade is supposed to be the superstar.  if he's not, then the pistons are in a world of hurt.  but its only been 10 games.  he's got a long time to get better and i assume he will.

in the meantime 7 turnovers and 9 points is less than ideal.

I thought Bey was going to be a really good role player though and now I am starting to wonder if he is more an average role player (like maybe a bench guy instead of a starter).  Still holding out hope for him but he just looks lost right now trying to take on an increased role and that is compounded by poor shooting.  

Edited by Hart

7 minutes ago, Hart said:

Cade continually tries to take guys off the dribble and turn the ball over.  Who did everybody compare him to last summer?  Luka Doncic.  I can't say I watch Doncic a lot but I don't think of him as a guy who does what Cade is trying to do.  Eventually, Cade is going to have to figure out that is not playing to his strengths.  

one of the criticisms of cade was his handle wasnt that great in college.