3/5/254 7:30PM EDT Pistons @ Heat

1 hour ago, casimir said:

Not that a 16 footer is equivalent to a free throw, but he's got the chops from the line.

image.png.f970e0f879cc974111af6d11e7a2384e.png

Those 3Ps are probably end of clock heaves.  So essentially all but 5% of his FG attempts are 10 feet and in.

If you want to go back to the comparison with Malone - in his first two years in the league he was a worse FT shooter than Duren, but Basketball reference doesn't have shooting % by distance breakdowns for the 1st several years of Malone's career. He was about 50% on long twos by the time BR has the records, but that was about 10yrs in for him.

Edited by gehringer_2

People have now compared Duren to D12 and Karl Malone.  I'm over here agreeing with Sam Vecenie who said Duren is DeAndre Jordan when he played with Lob City.  Except Sam made that comp before the draft and we obviously know now that Duren isn't half the defender that peak Jordan was.

Guys improve a lot from age 20-25, so I have no idea what Duren will become. That really depends upon his drive and work ethic. However, I feel like a lot of defense is instinctual, so I'm not sure if he'll ever be the defensive force we want him to be. That means he needs to provide something else in the modern NBA besides rebounding and dunks.

The good news is his free throws and shooting form are looking really good and have taken a huge leap this year. Maybe he can add the three ball in a year or two.

im surprised that those who think duren will never be able to shoot think that ausar somehow will.

duren is a better outside shooter right now than ausar.  ausar's shot is the brokest thing ive ever seen.

It is more about the bad defense with Duren.  A big that doesn't play defense is useless.  But even if he develops a shot I am going to go out on a limb and suggest he never averages 25 PPG for his career like Malone did.  Even in this day of inflated offensive numbers.  

10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It is more about the bad defense with Duren.  A big that doesn't play defense is useless.  But even if he develops a shot I am going to go out on a limb and suggest he never averages 25 PPG for his career like Malone did.  Even in this day of inflated offensive numbers.  

i think duren might end up as andre drummond.  if he's andre that knows his limitations that's not a bad thing.  if he's andre that thinks he's joel embiid, thats horrible.

and to del's point, if he's PAID like andre was here, that's a waste of resources.

it all depends on whether he gets a jumper and learns to play defense.

• Like 1