3/13/24 7:00PM EDT Raptors @ Pistons

No wonder the Pistons are -4 tonight.

Player Team Update Description
Scottie Barnes Toronto Raptors Sat, Mar 2, 2024 Out (Hand) - The Toronto Raptors announced that F Scottie Barnes has sustained a fracture to the third metacarpal bone of his left hand and is out indefinitely.
RJ Barrett Toronto Raptors Tue, Mar 12, 2024 Out (Personal) - The Raptors have listed Barret as OUT for Wednesday's (Mar. 13) game against the Pistons.
Chris Boucher Toronto Raptors Tue, Mar 12, 2024 Out (Knee) - The Raptors have listed Boucher as OUT for Wednesday's (Mar. 13) game against the Pistons.
D.J. Carton Toronto Raptors Tue, Mar 12, 2024 Out (Ankle) - The Raptors have listed Carton as OUT for Wednesday's (Mar. 13) game against the Pistons.
Jakob Poeltl Toronto Raptors Tue, Mar 12, 2024 Out (Finger) - The Raptors have listed Poeltl as OUT for Wednesday's (Mar. 13) game against the Pistons.
Immanuel Quickley Toronto Raptors Tue, Mar 12, 2024 Day To Day (Hip) - The Raptors have listed Quickley as QUESTIONABLE for Wednesday's (Mar. 13) game against the Pistons.
Gary Trent Jr. Toronto Raptors Tue, Mar 12, 2024 Day To Day (Groin) - The Raptors have listed Trent Jr. as QUESTIONABLE for Wednesday's (Mar. 13) game against the Pistons.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

21 pts, 18 boards, 5 assists through 3 quarters.

yeah, but 5 turnovers so he sucks.

The two early fouls didn’t help.  Specifically the charge on Olynik.  That really was a dumb move.

6 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Stewart is now up to 38% from three on 4 attempts per game.  Starting to develop a little gravity and is even attacking the occasional closeout.

One play in particular I wish he would have launched.  It was late in the shot clock, he got the ball (pass from ?) beyond the foul line and decided to drive to the basket.  He was called for a charge.  The refs reviewed the play to see if the clock expired before that, which it did not.  Anyway, that's one where I was he'd have shot from deep 2, and I think he was actually open.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Duren is taking advantage of how small Toronto is and looks like an all star.  But not sure how he has 4 turnovers already. 

The defense is the bigger concern. Monster game from him on the offensive end against a team full of midgets. He feasted, as he should have. Kudos for that, but his defense and paint protection is still a real problem. It's bad when Wiseman comes in and looks like the better rim protector and shot deterrent.

I hear a lot of people on socials making a big deal about Ausar's Asthma, but didn't Dennis Rodman have it as well? If I recall correctly he turned out to be a pretty good player who averaged 30+ minutes per game for 10+ seasons in the NBA. It'll be all right. Lots of guys in the league have Asthma.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Betrayer said:

I hear a lot of people on socials making a big deal about Ausar's Asthma, but didn't Dennis Rodman have it as well? If I recall correctly he turned out to be a pretty good player who averaged 30+ minutes per game for 10+ seasons in the NBA. It'll be all right. Lots of guys in the league have Asthma.

I don't remember that about Rodman.  I kind of have a hard time believing it because he never seemed to be short on energy, but aside from that I have no reason to not believe it.

Yeah, Rodman had it.  Supposedly it is one of the reasons his draft stock fell.  Lucky us.

Dominique Wilkins had asthma.  Also, Jerome Bettis, Emmitt Smith, Amy Van Dyke, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Juwan Howard all had it.  Seems like I remember Reggie Jackson having it while he was here.  Maybe not.

• Like 1