30 for 30: Angels in the Outfield

50 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

what was with 90's and kids in baseball movies? sandlot, little big league, rookie of the year and Angels in the outfield. 

I am guessing you had 30-40 year olds in charge at that time and that would have lined up with the popularity of baseball with their youth so they made what they wished they had as a kid. 

49 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

I am guessing you had 30-40 year olds in charge at that time and that would have lined up with the popularity of baseball with their youth so they made what they wished they had as a kid. 

yeah thats what i kind of thought too some baby Boomer nostalgia 

4 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

My childhood baseball movie was the original Bad News Bears movie(s).  And I say this with a healthy dose of pride.

My mom took me to see the first with Walter Matthau. I was the same age as the kids in the movie.   She thought it would be a sweet kids movie about baseball.   When it was over and she was driving us home she asked "Do you and your friends talk that way?" and my sheepish "No?" was all she needed to hear.      

As a grown up, Chris Barnes, the kid that played Tanner Boyle was ashamed about the bigoted language of Tanner and  refuses to talk about the movie now.  Even though he was just saying what was in the script.  He works at or owns a Flower shop in Utah now.