3/29/24 7:00PM EDT Pistons @ Wizards

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Nobody seems to be asking why they traded for an injured Grimes.  

i asked why it was good asset management to deal bogey/burks for two seconds and a bench player rather than the first they could have gotten for bogey last year and you told me it was because of grimes.  i think the front office agreed with you that grimes and two seconds is better than a mid to low first.

grimes is an injured role player.  to me its another example of weaver misusing assets.  one of MANY examples because he is terrible at his job.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Coming up on the 4 year anniversary of Weaver being hired. Does Gores even care that the Pistons are bottom feeders with little hope of digging out of this mess? How much longer does Weaver get?

4 years and this is where the restoration is?  I guess he moved out some contracts for younger talent, but it is either not developed correctly and/or cohesively.  And with all of the transactions along the way, a lot have been questionable at best.  There’s young talent, but there should be given where they’ve been drafting.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Another bad have from Risacher. Only 4 points. Hope the pistons pass on him if he is there.

I'm feeling like I'd rather take Sarr. Bring him of the bench for now as he gets his NBA legs and don't bring back Wiseman. Make a decision next off-season (or at the deadline if Sarr blows up) about him versus Duren.

Trade Ivey (and some contracts) and get a 3&D wing.

Scrap all of this if Brooklyn will take any combo of Ivey/Duren/Pick for Mikal Bridges.

19 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I'm feeling like I'd rather take Sarr. Bring him of the bench for now as he gets his NBA legs and don't bring back Wiseman. Make a decision next off-season (or at the deadline if Sarr blows up) about him versus Duren.

Trade Ivey (and some contracts) and get a 3&D wing.

Scrap all of this if Brooklyn will take any combo of Ivey/Duren/Pick for Mikal Bridges.

I’m sorry.  It all starts with getting rid of Weaver.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I’m sorry.  It all starts with getting rid of Weaver.

I guess I just felt like I said that enough that it goes without saying at this point  😄

Step 1: Fire Weaver
Step 2: Fire Monty
Step 3: Roster Stuff

The hunt for a new GM should've been going on behind the scenes since the losing streak even if Gores doesn't like to fire people mid-season. At this point you should have a short list to interview and hire one before the end of the playoffs.

Do I actually believe any of this will happen? Nope.

14 hours ago, Betrayer said:

I guess I just felt like I said that enough that it goes without saying at this point  😄

Step 1: Fire Weaver
Step 2: Fire Monty
Step 3: Roster Stuff

The hunt for a new GM should've been going on behind the scenes since the losing streak even if Gores doesn't like to fire people mid-season. At this point you should have a short list to interview and hire one before the end of the playoffs.

Do I actually believe any of this will happen? Nope.

I'm pretty stubborn with my sports.  I follow to the bitter end.  This time of year is tougher to follow the Pistons because I hold the Tigers above all and there's usually games that interfere with each other.  But, there's day games, off days, rain outs, so I can still catch Piston games.  But I think I'm checked out for the season.

And I hate that kind of mentality.  You've got a team, you stick with them through thick and thin.  I hate the selfish pity party "I'm so done with this team" crap.  But this organization is just so flipping dreadful right now.  Sure, they have some younger players that might offer hope.  But I'm not sure that they fit together.  I doubt that the front office is good enough to build around a core, and I would suggest there's plenty of evidence over the 4 years to back that up.

It sucks.  I've taken plenty of shots at Drunk Uncle Tommy.  He started out too buddy buddy with his star player.  He seems to have backed off of that since then.  I'm not sure if/how involved he is with the front office.  But this team is just stuck in a pathetic quagmire right now.  Is there a glass ceiling of mediocrity as long as he is in charge?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I didn't realize he was going to go that high.

I don't watch much college ball, but just watching that clip he looks like a dude that's going to get eaten alive in space against NBA athletes. Might be a solid drop coverage backup Center though.

Drop coverage centers struggle in the playoffs.  Gobert being the first one that comes to mind.

Just remembered I am posting in a Pistons forum and need to add some context to my post.

Playoffs are a tournament that good teams participate in at the end of a season.  

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Playoffs are a tournament that good teams participate in at the end of a season.  

Wait a minute.  Is this related to a mid season tournament whereby the Pistons lose all games and also get future home games turned into road games?