Mel Tucker Gets Paid

gehringer_2

51 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I guess it was funded mostly by MSU Grad and former MSU basketball legend Matt Ishbia and some other wealthy alum who's identity I can't remember. They both must be making bank to be able to fund this much money.  

Yeah and I think Ross or some such underwrote part of Harbaugh's original deal as well. The argument is "Well it's fine, the money is not coming from the Chemistry/English/Art Dept."  But how true is that, really? If you have a big bank roll donor maybe he would have given it to the chemistry dept if that's what you had asked for. Sure there are going to be some guys who have a big sports thing, but I think the idea that somehow these deals are all 'free' money is an overstatement at best. There is some varying level of donor 'opportunity cost' with each one. Maybe less than most in this case but who really knows?

Edited by gehringer_2

Mel has been the big winner from LSU ousting Ed Orgeron and Florida about to do the same with Dan Mullen.   If these jobs aren’t open there’s no need to do this right now.    This is a great move by MSU being proactive.   The question is MSU officially a football school now that he makes 3x as much as Izzo.  Lol. 

Edited by Hongbit

4 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Mel has been the big winner from LSU ousting Ed Orgeron and Florida about to do the same with Dan Mullen.   If these jobs aren’t open there’s no need to do this right now.    This is a great move by MSU being proactive.   The question is MSU officially a football school now that he makes 3x as much as Izzo.  Lol. 

Sometimes its all about the timing.