4/9/24 7PM Pistons lose

1 hour ago, buddha said:

a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless.  the current regime has no chance at real success, imo other than winning the lottery next year and getting a transformational player.

But even then, the level of incompetence evident is probably enough to torpedo a roster even with two great players to build around. The Pistons are probably doomed until Gores sells or dies, just as the Lions were with WCF. Maybe the best we can hope for is that if he finds the team enough of an embarrassment, it motivates him to sell it.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

i want them to fail because they are bad at their jobs amd if they fail spectacularly they MIGHT get fired.  if they get fired, there is a small chance that gores hires someone better.

a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless.  the current regime has no chance at real success, imo other than winning the lottery next year and getting a transformational player.

They've already failed spectacularly. You don't fail any better than setting franchise, NBA, and even cross-sport records for losing. If they don't get fired now, they never will.

And unfortunately, nobody can fire Gores. He'd have to choose to sell and that has little to do with success or failure at the sport itself.

15 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

They've already failed spectacularly. You don't fail any better than setting franchise, NBA, and even cross-sport records for losing. If they don't get fired now, they never will.

And unfortunately, nobody can fire Gores. He'd have to choose to sell and that has little to do with success or failure at the sport itself.

If Weaver hasn’t been fired by now, what are they waiting for.

I can understand a theory for keeping Williams around.  I don’t like it.  But he’s been around for only one season.  Weaver has his hands all over the worst stretch of the franchise.  It’s been worse than “trust the process” which included intentionally hitting rock bottom.  Sure, the Pistons are doing that now, and probably did so to an extent last season.  But the direction of the franchise isn’t inspiring at all.

Edited by casimir
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

if they get better next year there is 0 chance they get fired.  even if they get marginally better.

with that said, i DO expect them to be better simply because it is so hard to be this bad.  to do it again would be...borderline amazing.

i have a lot of fears with this team.  one of them is that they go all in on their cap space for lavine, thus assuring a ceiling of a play in team.  then gores will tout it as a success, just like he did when the blake team made the playoffs and for all the great work theyve done in the community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casimir said:

If Weaver hasn’t been fired by now, what are they waiting for.

It seems like Gores is the "fire you on a Friday" type of boss. He thinks he's running a more classy organization by not creating mid-season drama and apparently has a blind spot to the fact that doing nothing has created even more bad press and media attention.

Basically, I suspect that even if he had made the decision already, he would wait until the end of the season.

But who knows, maybe this is all wishful thinking and we're going to be stuck with these clowns for 5 more years.