4/9/24 7PM Pistons lose

27 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

No need to play Cade. We saw what we needed to see from him this year. 

How about the integrity of the product you put on the floor?  this is supposed to be entertainment that people pay a lot of money to see.  its disrespectful to the fans and the league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buddha said:

How about the integrity of the product you put on the floor?  this is supposed to be entertainment that people pay a lot of money to see.  its disrespectful to the fans and the league.

That is for the league to worry about.  The team should do everything to protect their asset.  And running him out there with 4 guys who should really be off the bench does nothing.  

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

That is for the league to worry about.  The team should do everything to protect their asset.  And running him out there with 4 guys who should really be off the bench does nothing.  

so why even play him at all this season?

if any team has a good player and a bunch of guys who arent that good, they should just sit the guy who is good?  every game?

come on.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

so why even play him at all this season?

if any team has a good player and a bunch of guys who arent that good, they should just sit the guy who is good?  every game?

come on.

It's not sport if teams refuse to compete, it's simply exhibition - Globetrotters/Senators. It's trying to win even when it doesn't make a difference. to compete for the sake of the competition,  that makes it sport in the first place. Take that away and all you have left is an ornate manufactured 'reality TV' series.

Edited by gehringer_2

17 hours ago, Deleterious said:

No need to play Cade. We saw what we needed to see from him this year. 

I need to see him play 65 games for that max contract. He's not helping the case against him being injury prone and/or soft.

43 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I need to see him play 65 games for that max contract. He's not helping the case against him being injury prone and/or soft.

He could have sat 82 games this year and he was getting that.

I hope he demands a trade. Part of me hopes he signs the qualifying offer, becomes unrestricted, and leaves without Detroit getting anything. Incompetence deserves to be punished. 

48 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

How do we know he is making the call for him to sit?

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I hope he demands a trade. Part of me hopes he signs the qualifying offer, becomes unrestricted, and leaves ..

I'd be surprised if he does anything else. Cade doesn't strike as any kind of romantic who's in the game to help rebuild some team that doesn't know what they are doing just because they happened to draft him. 

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I hope he demands a trade. Part of me hopes he signs the qualifying offer, becomes unrestricted, and leaves without Detroit getting anything. Incompetence deserves to be punished. 

i think the same thing.

i want him to stay and prosper here.  i think he's going to be a really good player.  he wont be luka but that's ok, he's still really good.  but as much as i like the pistons, i hate seeing incompetent management rewarded.  i want to see them fail.  i only wosh there waa a way to make gores suffer for his incompetence but there isnt.  no matter what happens he turned a $350 million investment into a $3 billion asset.

5 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'd be surprised if he does anything else. Cade doesn't strike as any kind of romantic who's in the game to help rebuild some team that doesn't know what they are doing just because they happened to draft him. 

He’d be foolish not to be considering how to leave.  What indicates this team is on any path for serious contention while he enters his prime?

43 minutes ago, casimir said:

He’d be foolish not to be considering how to leave.  What indicates this team is on any path for serious contention while he enters his prime?

He signs a QO, he still has the year to see if they get lucky on the lottery pick and he gets a teammate he thinks he can win with, then it's his decision to stay or go. It supposed to be a poor draft, but there are always surprises.

6 hours ago, buddha said:

i think the same thing.

i want him to stay and prosper here.  i think he's going to be a really good player.  he wont be luka but that's ok, he's still really good.  but as much as i like the pistons, i hate seeing incompetent management rewarded.  i want to see them fail.  i only wosh there waa a way to make gores suffer for his incompetence but there isnt.  no matter what happens he turned a $350 million investment into a $3 billion asset.

Yep.  As a business owner it offends me he can run the worst shop on the block and still 10x his investment in a decade.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buddha said:

i hate seeing incompetent management rewarded.  i want to see them fail.  i only wosh there waa a way to make gores suffer for his incompetence but there isnt. 

Which is why it's silly to want them to fail. You aren't punishing anyone but us.

14 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Which is why it's silly to want them to fail. You aren't punishing anyone but us.

i want them to fail because they are bad at their jobs amd if they fail spectacularly they MIGHT get fired.  if they get fired, there is a small chance that gores hires someone better.

a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless.  the current regime has no chance at real success, imo other than winning the lottery next year and getting a transformational player.