5/17/24 9:40PM Tigers @ Diamondbacks

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

We're gonna trade him.   We'll trade Riley and Olson too.   We're gonna be the new Rays.     Better hope they draft very well.  

The difference between us and the Rays is that we have an owner who has proved that he will spend if he believes we’re on the cusp of winning (Baez, Eduardo), so In would give him the benefit of the doubt that he’ll do so again, until he proves in the moment of truth that he’s changed and he won’t. We may never become the Mets or Dodgers, but we won’t become the Rays or Pirates, either.

37 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The difference between us and the Rays is that we have an owner who has proved that he will spend if he believes we’re on the cusp of winning (Baez, Eduardo), so In would give him the benefit of the doubt that he’ll do so again, until he proves in the moment of truth that he’s changed and he won’t. We may never become the Mets or Dodgers, but we won’t become the Rays or Pirates, either.

He also gave Keith a big contract before he even played in the Majors.

4 hours ago, casimir said:

Hasn’t he already had two major arm injuries?  Both TJ?

The TJ was in college, the more recent one was not TJ per se, it was a procedure on a different tendon but I'm not sure (don't think) it was as involved as a transplant - but don't know for sure...

When we signed Anibal Sanchez I kept waiting for him to self-destruct having have two TJs, but he ended up pitching a long time - so you never know - though IIRC didn't pitch deep into games much.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

Would I throw years at Skubal to keep him around into the next decade? Hmmm … Throwing years at pitchers almost never ends well. As it turns out, with Boras at the helm, it’s a near certainty we don’t get a chance to extend him before he goes on the market anyway.

Player (and agent) greed really turns me off. Offer him a fair contract to make him and his family rich for life and if he turns it down, let him walk. We have a few good SP coming up soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Player (and agent) greed really turns me off. Offer him a fair contract to make him and his family rich for life and if he turns it down, let him walk. We have a few good SP coming up soon.

Yeah, greed sucks.

Any thoughts on owner greed?

• Haha 1