12/18/2021 12:00 EST Houston Rockets @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

4 minutes ago, Hart said:

I'm not sure this team can even get to 15 wins.  It's going to take hot shooting nights to get it done.  We are just bad at every position.  

yeah - no matter much Cade raises his game, he doesn't seem to be raising anyone else's. Not hard to understand when it's a bunch of guys that can't shoot. So where does any more improvement come from? It should have been Bey and Hayes, but good luck with that. 

I still like Saddiq's future as a wing who can space the floor but he is so far out of his skill level when he puts the ball on the floor.  And there are times where he passes up open threes.  I know he is having a bad shooting year but he needs to shoot himself out of it to add value to this team. 

On cue, he passes up an open three to take a harder, off balance, open three.  It's just nuts.  

2 hours ago, buddha said:

is this the worst pistons team of all time?  worse than the dick vitale pistons?

oh well, hopefully they win the lottery again.  i have a feeling we'll pick no worse than 4th.

To be terrible this year and pick up the '22 version of Mobley for the front court sounds like a better scenario than the long nightmare of the Grant Hill years where Cade starts throwing down weekly triple doubles but the team is stuck in mediocrity.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

To be terrible this year and pick up the '22 version of Mobley for the front court sounds like a better scenario than the long nightmare of the Grant Hill years where Cade starts throwing down weekly triple doubles but the team is stuck in mediocrity.

in the long run, being terrible this year will be beneficial.  its just difficult to watch.

caseyball isnt helping either.

It's going to be extremely difficult for the Pistons to finish better than a bottom two finish this year. 

They'd have to win at least at a .400 rate for the rest of the season just to get to 20 wins. And every other team (aside from Orlando) would have to lose at worse than a 25% rate to even get close to 20 wins. 

They're locked in. Lottery gods says that we're definitely not finishing worse than the 4th pick. 

Unless anyone thinks they're going to win at much better than a 40% rate for the rest of the season.

I can deal with the losing.  I just want to have some hope though.  

I am curious how long the Pistons are going to remain committed to Hayes.  He is getting a lot more of a chance than Sekou ever got.  I can't really complain about this since we did spend the 7th overall pick on him and we don't really have anybody that is missing out because of him.  But I hope we are not committed to him as our starting point guard next year.