01/21/2022 10:00 EST Detroit Pistons @ Utah Jazz

casimir

I think it's pretty easy to get excited about the Pistons now that Cade is showing why we made him the #1 pick.  Just need to add a high end guard to the mix to go with Bey and Cade and with the continued improvement from those two, they can get very good very fast.  

I realize Mitchell was out, but I can appreciate the Pistons keeping this competitive throughout the game.  Its not like the difference was only a couple of baskets one way or the other.  Both teams had a run here and a run there.  But Detroit didn't give up that unanswered 20-3 type of several minutes that keeps a deficit in double digits for the duration. 

Improvement from the kids, some cohesive basketball, and pile up the Ls to get another cornerstone to build upon.  That should be the priority this season.

I didn’t notice this during the game, but Utah made a dozen more free throws than Detroit attempted.  Detroit never went to the line in the 4th, whereas Utah was 9 of 11.  Now granted, some of those 11 were late and must foul situations.  But 0 attempts in a quarter?

4 hours ago, casimir said:

I realize Mitchell was out, but I can appreciate the Pistons keeping this competitive throughout the game.  Its not like the difference was only a couple of baskets one way or the other.  Both teams had a run here and a run there.  But Detroit didn't give up that unanswered 20-3 type of several minutes that keeps a deficit in double digits for the duration. 

Improvement from the kids, some cohesive basketball, and pile up the Ls to get another cornerstone to build upon.  That should be the priority this season.

Utah has been really struggling lately for whatever reason.  Still, the Pistons are getting better.  We still have too many clunkers against good teams but I think the second half of the season will be better than the first.  

Obviously getting another cornerstone thru the draft would be great but I find myself rooting for the Pistons to win games this year more than I have in previous years.  Not that I get upset with losses.  But I think we are in a position now where free agency is as viable an option as the draft.  

It sucks that we blew the Killian pick (although I think he could still be a decent player on another team that doesn't have Cade Cunningham).  It's very important that if we draft in that 4-10 range, we don't blow it again (Stanley Johnson, Luke Kennard, KCP, etc).  We need to find that Scottie Barnes or Franz Wagner, assuming we don't get a top 2-3 pick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, casimir said:

when your best player doesn't (or at least hasn't learned to) draw many fouls that's going to happen

• Like 1