1/26, 7:30PM, Blackhawks at Red Wings

1984Echoes

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

No puck control.

Larionov needs to come over here and teach these guys a thing or two...

IDK, I don't see enough speed or strength in this cast of characters for coaching to help them. Coaching can help put you in position to win all the one-on-ones you need to win the game, but when you can't win the battles you get to and can't stay with the guys skating away from you, I don't know how much coaching can help. There are too many just not very good hockey players on this team. But that's what we expected. It's just become even more frustrating because now that we do have couple more guys who can play its makes us all the more greedy for more. 

18 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

IDK, I don't see enough speed or strength in this cast of characters for coaching to help them. Coaching can help put you in position to win all the one-on-ones you need to win the game, but when you can't win the battles you get to and can't stay with the guys skating away from you, I don't know how much coaching can help. There are too many just not very good hockey players on this team. But that's what we expected. It's just become even more frustrating because now that we do have couple more guys who can play its makes us all the more greedy for more. 

raymond, larkin, seider, bertuzzi, ned (sometimes).  

is there really anyone else worth a damn?  fabbri on occasion.  everyone else is a third line player or bottom six defenseman at best.  ahl player at worst.

again, getting nothing from three years of drafting prior to yzerman coming on board (including two top ten picks) is killing this team.