03/07/2022 07:00 EST Atlanta Hawks @ Detroit Pistons

casimir

I've been having a blast watching these recent games and I was in attendance at the game in Charlotte, which was a blast! Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the lottery odds, but they're playing better due to the growth of their young guys (Cade, Bey, Stewart, Bagley, etc), so I can't complain about that.

As far as the lottery, I just want to be in the position where taking Ivey is a no brainer, like Cleveland's decision to draft Mobley last year. Detroit and Houston made the decision for them and Mobley fell into their lap. I think the 3rd pick is about right for that scenario to happen.

Last I looked it was still chet, Paulo and Jabari in the top tier followed by Ivey and others in the next tier according to the national pundits. Of course their rankings aren't gospel but if you do believe in them then the Pistons will probably need to pick 4th if you want Ivey. If they pick 3rd they'll probably just take whoever falls to them out of that top tier. 

Btw do you think Ivey would be a good fit with Cade? His athleticism would certainly be needed but he seems like he would need to dominate the ball to be the most effective. 

36 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Last I looked it was still chet, Paulo and Jabari in the top tier followed by Ivey and others in the next tier according to the national pundits. Of course their rankings aren't gospel but if you do believe in them then the Pistons will probably need to pick 4th if you want Ivey. If they pick 3rd they'll probably just take whoever falls to them out of that top tier. 

Btw do you think Ivey would be a good fit with Cade? His athleticism would certainly be needed but he seems like he would need to dominate the ball to be the most effective. 

i dont know.

but i think the pistons desperately need an uber nba athlete and ivey seems to fit that bill.

This is only the 2nd time I've seen Livers with the Pistons but both times I watched him he has impressed me. Hasn't done nothing spectacular or anything but he just looks like he belongs out there, which considering where he was picked and how he is just coming back from a major injury is pretty impressive. imo

37 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

This is only the 2nd time I've seen Livers with the Pistons but both times I watched him he has impressed me. Hasn't done nothing spectacular or anything but he just looks like he belongs out there, which considering where he was picked and how he is just coming back from a major injury is pretty impressive. imo

Of course I jinx him, I think he's 0-5 since this post including an airball and that crucial miss there. 

Since January 1st when Cade started to really start playing better the Pistons are a respectable 12-14 in games he played in. If he continues that trajectory, they add a good player in the draft and add a piece or 2 in the offseason and this could be a playoff team next year.