3/22 - 7:30PM - Flyers at Red Wings

1984Echoes

44 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

And what will the Red Wings roster look like for this Game?

Who will be gone? What rabbit(s) will Stevie Y pull out of his hat? Or, if no rabbits, do we get to see Berggren and/ or McIsaac or Sebrango for quite a few games the rest of the season...?

I know the Wings try to be conservative with young players, but even given that it's frightening that the Wings haven't thought/don't think that one of their system's top prospects like Berggren wouldn't be an improvement over the offensive ineptitude of this team. 

Edited by gehringer_2

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I know the Wings try to be conservative with young players, but even given that it's frightening that the Wings haven't thought/don't think that one of their system's top prospects like Berggren wouldn't be an improvement over the offensive ineptitude of this team. 

its going to take at least another two years to dig out of ken holland's mess.  its so hard for the wings to get the puck and keep it, other teams skate and shoot rings around them continually.

that's why i would probably deal bertuzzi if they got another mantha-like offer.  

8 hours ago, buddha said:

... that's why i would probably deal bertuzzi if they got another mantha-like offer.  

I've been against that because I truly believe in Bertuzzi...

But I've come around to this (your) way of thinking. 

If we are offered a heavy overpay... how can Stevie Y say no?

I think this is the first time I've noticed this, but Zadina made an absolutely god awful play that lost the Wings possession in the zone (okay we've seen that before but hold on...) and instead of skating around moping he made a hard play against a player on the boards and won the puck.  He was able to make a nice pass to get a re-entry into the zone.  It was one of the few times (only times?) that I can remember Zadina initiating physical contact to win a puck so successfully, good to see him do it after flubbing a deke.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

As soon as I type that Raymond tries to get too cute in his own zone leading to an easy goal for the Flyers, nice

I don't think that was necessarily Raymond's fault as he was looking for an outlet pass and couldn't find one... he was trying to skate to a passing lane and ended up getting himself trapped by 3 Flyers...

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

I don't think that was necessarily Raymond's fault as he was looking for an outlet pass and couldn't find one... he was trying to skate to a passing lane and ended up getting himself trapped by 3 Flyers...

yeah - , Raymond and Seider ended up outnumbered in their own zone.