3/22 - 7:30PM - Flyers at Red Wings

1984Echoes

8 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I don't think that was necessarily Raymond's fault as he was looking for an outlet pass and couldn't find one... he was trying to skate to a passing lane and ended up getting himself trapped by 3 Flyers...

Maybe it is just me but I would rather him chip the puck out in that situation not try to put the puck between his own legs, especially because he was trapped by 3 Flyers.  Yes it was unfortunate he was outnumbered and the Seider pass wasn't perfect, but I don't agree that the play he made was the right one.

Also get Zadina off line 1 he looks awful

2 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

... but I don't agree that the play he made was the right one...

I'm crap on ice so... I have a hard time criticizing sometimes especially with the speed the NHL plays at...

So while I defended Raymond; you are correct in that the simple and less dangerous play would have been to chip it against the boards just to get it out of the zone...

He was probably trying to "make a play" and, as soon as he turned away from the boards in the attempt,

... he was screwed. The right play was probably to chip it out... I'll agree with you on that. But I'm still reluctant to put everything on him as, again, I know he was trying to "make a play".

seider threw a blind pass into raymond's skates on that play.  i was more critical of seider for not just dumping the puck to center than raymond.

either way, vrana has looked fantastic tonight.  this team needs a second line center so bad.  vrana and raymond are both first class snipers but only one can play with larkin (and bert).  another larkin-ish center on line two would make this team so much better offensively.

But on a 2nd line Center, yeah, we need one.

I have it in my head that Berggren could turn into one. He's played Center before... but the NHL is harder and there's a lot more responsibility that would be dumped on his shoulders so I'm not really certain about that...

But I'd like to see Berggren between Vrana and _______, just to see what happens...