consumer reviews

ewsieg

My wife gets annoyed, but I have to review/read up on just about any purchase I make over 100 bucks.   

I recently left my wireless earbuds in a rental car and i'm in need of another pair.  My wife has Jabra 75t's, my son has airpods.  If i'm going to spend over 100, i'd prefer to spend alot on a great pair.  Otherwise, i'd prefer to stay under 100, which is what my mifo 05 earbuds were.  

Any suggestions?

31 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Is you’re on iOS I’d definitely go with AirPods. Then you have to choose between the OG pods and the pros. Personally, I like the regular ones, fits better in my ears, but most people seem to prefer the pros. 

My wife likes the regular ones better too.

I have a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 and they sound really good for music, but folks tell me that for calls I don't sound very clear.   I also have the jabra 65t elite and I would say the Sony's sound better than those but it's close.   The Sonys aren't very good for athletic endeavors.   

I have a pair of wired balanced armature Klipsch which I think were an awesome value/performance get, so when I went wireless I bought some Klipsch T5s (I can't wear 'pods at all, ear canals too small). I wouldn't say I've been  disappointed, but they can't quite compare with the wired balanced driver version. But they are comfortable for me and most buds are not.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:05 AM, ewsieg said:

My wife gets annoyed, but I have to review/read up on just about any purchase I make over 100 bucks.   

I recently left my wireless earbuds in a rental car and i'm in need of another pair.  My wife has Jabra 75t's, my son has airpods.  If i'm going to spend over 100, i'd prefer to spend alot on a great pair.  Otherwise, i'd prefer to stay under 100, which is what my mifo 05 earbuds were.  

Any suggestions?

How could your wife possibly be annoyed by your desire to spend your money as wisely as possible?

I know someone who takes this stuff to extremes and it can be really really crazy.  I've taken to not recommending any products to him anymore LOL.  I recommended a particular cooler one time and he wanted to take mine into costco and compare all of the details to the one at costco.  He also filled mine up at work w/ ice from the work machine to see how long it would hold the ice.  Of course we kept goign over there and stealing "his" ice because obviously

Edited by pfife
  • Haha 3