4/9 1:10 White Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

14 hours ago, casimir said:

Is this when he tried to score off of the passed ball during Cabrera’s plate appearance?  I have zero problem with it.  It required a good throw, perfect catch, and perfect tag to nip him in time.  The play was in front of Baez, he could see it, and he’s shown to be a smart enough base runner to make that decision.

On the other hand, Javy is well known to make the occasional play without having his head fully in it. I don’t know whether that’s the case here because I wasn’t available to watch the game and whatever play you’re talking about didn't make the highlights, but that is something to keep in mind about Javy. 

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

On the other hand, Javy is well known to make the occasional play without having his head fully in it. I don’t know whether that’s the case here because I wasn’t available to watch the game and whatever play you’re talking about didn't make the highlights, but that is something to keep in mind about Javy. 

I think given how the game had been playing out, they weren’t in position to rely on hitting to get them back into it.  The bats were less than impressive and they were going to need to take advantage of opportunities that presented themselves.  This was one of them.

If you haven’t had a chance to see a replay yet, the ball skipped off to the RHH side of the home plate dirt (outside of the dirt).  It took a good play to get Baez out.  There certainly was risk in Baez trying to score, obviously so considering he was thrown out.  But considering part of that calculus was a RP running to the plate, catching the ball, and applying the tag without wiggle room, I have no problem with it.

Sometimes you force the other team to make a play.  They did.  Tip your hat to them.