Bally Sports Detroit coverage

Useful Idiot

I'm getting Tigers games through Comcast in North East Indiana.   Regrettably the presentation is in "window box" (pillared AND letterboxed) format, but it's better than nothing.

One thing I've noticed is that none of the spring training games were actually shown, despite them being listed in the local guide channel.  Same goes for same day "replay" showings of games broadcast earlier in the day. They are listed in the guide...but instead we get tennis.

My question is, those of you receiving Bally Sports Detroit in the Detroit metro area, are you getting the same substitutions, or were you given the spring games and the rewind games as listed?

Bonus question, during Miguel Cabrera's at bats, the Bally camera work is sure to show clips of Cabrera's mother and two kids in the stands....and they also cut to a showing of two people up on a porch in the luxury boxes. Who are those people? I'd guess the woman is Rosangel....but the blonde guy I am at a total loss for. (?)

Edited by Useful Idiot

4 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

I'm getting Tigers games through Comcast in North East Indiana.   Regrettably the presentation is in "window box" (pillared AND letterboxed) format, but it's better than nothing.

One thing I've noticed is that none of the spring training games were actually shown, despite them being listed in the local guide channel.  Same goes for same day "replay" showings of games broadcast earlier in the day. They are listed in the guide...but instead we get tennis.

My question is, those of you receiving Bally Sports Detroit in the Detroit metro area, are you getting the same substitutions, or were you given the spring games and the rewind games as listed?

Bonus question, during Miguel Cabrera's at bats, the Bally camera work is sure to show clips of Cabrera's mother and two kids in the stands....and they also cut to a showing of two people up on a porch in the luxury boxes. Who are those people? I'd guess the woman is Rosangel....but the blonde guy I am at a total loss for. (?)

My bally sports app does something really cool where when I try to stream it on my TV through the fire stick it puts me on the national network and says Detroit isn't part of my TV package for some reason, so I can't watch Tigers games. When I use the same cable login on the same wifi on my laptop it lets me watch Detroit games though.

Edited by TigerNation

12 hours ago, Useful Idiot said:

I am in NE Indiana as well. I am assuming you are getting Ballysports Midwest on comcast. The only service provider I have found that pays for Detroit in our market is Directv. Side note, my Dad who has dish and does not carry BSD deceided to change to Directv stream. Last night I went over there and got his boxes all setup no problem. Went to watch Bally Detroit, not available. Called Directv and they told me with stream you only get Chicago market based on our zip code. Now he is returning stream boxes and will have to have the full satellite package to be able to watch Detroit.......

Parents and Grandparents are the lifesavers in this one.   Most are still cable dependent and have never even downloaded the Bally mobile app.     Get their online login for their cable account (you may have to set it up for them) and enter it in to your Bally app on phone and tv.   Voila.  You are in business.  Don’t need to be on their network or specific cable company Wi-Fi.   Doesn’t cost them anything since this a free service they never knew existed.    

• Haha 1

Thanks for all that  guys, but I'm still wondering about one of my original questions.

Did those of you who get BSD "in market", get to watch the spring training games, and now that the regular season has started are they showing the same day replay of the earlier game?

My cable guide channel here claims that both are being provided, when in reality they are/were not available to the viewer.

So,I'm trying to ferret out who the culprit might be, Bally, or my local provider. Just seems odd to have the listings in the guide, but not the programming

Meanwhile I'm being inundated with Reds baseball on 3 different Bally sports Indiana channels, plus White Sox and Cubs...all in 16:9 format....while the one Tigers channel I get is pillared and letterboxed, (and carries poker and tennis most of the time)

29 minutes ago, Useful Idiot said:

Did those of you who get BSD "in market", get to watch the spring training games, and now that the regular season has started are they showing the same day replay of the earlier game?

yes - (provider = DirectTV/Stream  - they carry the RSN for a surcharge - $5/mo or so)

Edited by gehringer_2