5/30 1:10 Twins @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

How about this lineup today  (expecting Grossman to go on the IL, he was yesterday's sacrifice to the Gods of Punishment for lying about District Detroit)      Who will today's sacrifice be? 

Harold Castro. cf
Schoop, 2b
Cabrera, dh
Baez, ss
Candelario, 3b
W Castro, lf
Torkelson, 1b
Clemens, rf
Barnhart, c

Edited by Motor City Sonics

46 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

So, the Tigers now have two outfielders on their roster.  

Lets look at the realistic outfielders here (removing infielders that have tp play outfield)

Derek Hill -  1st round draft pick

Daz Cameron - Trade

Riley Greene - 1st round draft pick

Robbie Grossman - Free Agent

Akil Badoo - Rule 5 pick

Victor Reyes - Rule 5 pick

Austin Meadows - Trade

So that means in 7 Years all that Al & Company have come up with are Riley Greene (completely unproven) and Derek Hill (basically Quintin Berry).   That's it.    Oh wait, I am forgetting all the other outfielders the Tigers drafted but are with other major league teams..............................um.........are there any?    Honestly, are there any?  (Don't say Nick Castellanos, he was an infielder converted to an outfielder and he's a terrible outfielder).  

How bad is that?  

I don't see anyone coming from the minors this year...........or even next year (other than Riley).   Other guys are seemingly pretty far away or will end up being converted infielders. 

Does that mean we'll get to see Roger Clemens in town at the game today?     That'll make me a little ill, but I won't take it out on his kid.   I don't know that Kody is going to do much, but who knows, maybe he comes up with no expectations and doesn't think about too much and just plays and runs into a few hits.    They can play him in the corner OF positions.  He' not that good there, but he's not that bad either, just kind of meh.  

I need some advice. 

I have 2 jobs (it's really 3 jobs, but 2 of them are part time at home that I do whenever I want - as long as the deadline is met).   I don't have to do any of them today and I did my yardwork already this weekend when it was cooler.      

What do I do now?   Today and Tomorrow - what the hell do I do?  

An excerpt from Kody Clemens Hall Of Fame Speech - July 29, 2046

..........and I would also like to thank the Detroit Tigers for drafting me,  I know I didn't play much for the Tigers but being traded to the Pirates gave me the chance to win my 3 MVPs and 2 World Series rings.   So thank you, Tigers.   I still root for you to have a winning record every year and I know the rebuild since 2015 has been a tough one, but I believe Chris Illitch has nothing but the best intentions and I look forward to dropping by Duggan Field to catch a Tigers game soon............and to see if the District Detroit promise has been realized.  

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

An excerpt from Kody Clemens Hall Of Fame Speech - July 29, 2046

..........and I would also like to thank the Detroit Tigers for drafting me,  I know I didn't play much for the Tigers but being traded to the Pirates gave me the chance to win my 3 MVPs and 2 World Series rings.   So thank you, Tigers.   I still root for you to having a winning record every year and I know the rebuild since 2015 has been a tough one, but I believe Chris Illitch has nothing but the best intentions and I look forward to dropping by Duggan Field to catch a Tigers game soon............

lmao, nicely done

142.svg
(29-19)
1:10 PM
Comerica Park

116.svg
(17-29)
605164@3x.png
RHP
3-2, 4.54 ERA, 31 SO

689225@3x.png
RHP
0-4, 5.04 ERA, 18 SO
MIN Lineup
DET Lineup
  1. Luis Arraez (L) 2B
  2. Kyle Garlick (R) LF
  3. Jorge Polanco (S) SS
  4. Gary Sanchez (R) C
  5. Trevor Larnach (L) RF
  6. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
  7. Jose Miranda (R) 1B
  8. Nick Gordon (L) CF
  9. Ryan Jeffers (R) DH
  1. Harold Castro (L) DH
  2. Jonathan Schoop (R) 2B
  3. Javier Baez (R) SS
  4. Jeimer Candelario (S) 3B
  5. Spencer Torkelson (R) 1B
  6. Willi Castro (S) LF
  7. Daz Cameron (R) RF
  8. Tucker Barnhart (S) C
  9. Derek Hill (R) CF

Looks like they took my advice and put Hittin' Harold in the leadoff spot.   I guess Miggy is still sore, so that means, what, 2 bench players?  Haase & Clemens?